Menu
barrabuddie
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

no signal for virgin mobil

Over the last week there have been numerous occasions where I have been unable to get a Virgin/EE mobile signal at my home or indeed anywhere where I live, (The Isle of Barra). This appears to be a frequent problem in the area.  Current status check shows No Service this is very frustrating for everyone on the island and at the start of the year even resulted in a Facebook Page campaign entitled 'I live on the Isle of Barra and cant get a signal'  When d you expect to resolve the issues in the area? This is Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: no signal for virgin mobil

According to https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice This has just been fixed, so may well be worth re-booting your phone

0 Kudos
barrabuddie
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, just rebooted both my phone and my wife's and still no signal. The Check Service link shows no known problem. Thanks for replying. 

0 Kudos
barrabuddie
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

24 hours and still no signal. EE should reply within 24 hours, GREAT HELP!. Can anyone from Virgin help? I'm wondering why I moved from EE to Virgin when my local signal comes from EE? Might need to think again about who supplies my signal ..... !

0 Kudos
barrabuddie
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have contacted EE but they take 48 hours to reply.

24 hours on and still no signal. EE should reply within 24 hours, GREAT HELP!. Can anyone from Virgin help? I'm wondering why I moved from EE to Virgin when my local signal comes from EE? Might need to think again about who supplies my signal ..... !

Quick ReplyReply

0 Kudos

Mark as Helpful Answer

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi barrabuddie, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear about your coverage problems at home at the moment, I know it can frustrating when the network has a fault especially if it's happening frequently

I had a quick look over the coverage in the area and as far as I can see there was work carried out recently but all of the cell sites on the Island are now up and running as they should be. 

It may be worth putting your handset into a 2G only mode and testing it for calls and texts. If you would like to know how to do that please drop us a reply with the make and model of your device and we can help you further. 

Thanks 

Mike 

0 Kudos