Menu
Acb14
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

no mobile data

yesterday the samsung J3 arrived that i orderd for my son, also received a fresh 4g sim card, we followed all the instructions and activated the new sim card and receiving the texts back saying configured etc. he can make and receive calls and texts and wifi works fine but still can't get mobile data. rang virgin for help last night and the advisor sent a email out with settings to reinstall still no Internet on mobile data, she told us it may work in a few hours. checked settings on phone all correct but still can't access Internet on mobile data. we understand until his refresh date on the 5th Dec he won't benefit from 4g but he's still got data on his plan that's running until 5th of December and the advisor said he should still get Internet as his old plan his still running until refresh date. Any help please. Can't try his old sim in the j3 as it doesn't fit and deactivated now. Thanks
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: no mobile data

Hi Acb14,

try rebooting the phone (remove the battery while the phone is switched on) then replace it, power back up and retry for a data connection.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Acb14,

try rebooting the phone (remove the battery while the phone is switched on) then replace it, power back up and retry for a data connection.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
Acb14
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, will give it ago in the morning.
Acb14
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Tried removing the battery whilst phone is powered on and then replaced battery and powered back on. Still can't get mobile data. if I tried my other sons virgin sim in the phone to see if it's a simple card problem or phone problem..they both have the same phones. will it transfer contacts etc or muck all there inviduall settings up ?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Acb14
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's been nearly week now and still not able to connect to mobile data on sons new Samsung j3 with the upgraded 4g sim. second time now that we've rang virgin and today they once again sent another configuration message through..and yet again still no mobile data.
They've told us if we've not got mobile data tommorow then we will have to call again to speak to redemption department to see about sending the new phone back as the advisor said it could be a fault with the phone. Not happy at all, can't help but think it may be a problem with the 4g sim card and surley it would be easier to send us a fresh sim first to try rather then sending the new mobile back , if we do send the new mobile back..will it be exchanged for a new one ? seeing as we've only had the phone since the 14 the november.
on the mobile data screen on phone that shows all the settings for Internet it's not even showing our phone number etc. Is there anything else we can try with the settings.
0 Kudos
ajcoombes
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've got the same problem... new 4G SIM for just over a week with no data connection. Previous SIM worked fine in the Pixel XL, but only voice and SMS with the new 4G SIM. Tech Support sent through new configuration file and all APN settings confirmed. Will be calling them again tomorrow for another try :-(
205t16
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi All, I had the same issue with a new 4G sim last weekend. I had no 3G connection, I thought it was an issue with the sim, I looked at all the APN settings, get the send via text, all to no avail. I gave the 789 a call and talked though the problem. The person on the other end got the network to reset my data connection. It took 4 hours for this to happen as the "system" was running slow. I got a call back from Virgin to double check the setting. I just hope it will still work on my refresh date, fingers crossed.

Acb14
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Did you manage to get your mobile data sorted ? we've still had no luck with ours.
0 Kudos
zzhang
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: no mobile data Google Pixel

same with me. Received 4G sim yesterday for my new phone Google Pixel. Called 789 to walk through the APN setting but still no mobile data. Spoke to three different people over the phone but answers were not consistent. Has anyone got Google Pixel who might be able to provide some details on setting? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos