Menu
cstewa37
Just joined
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

mobile number missing

Hi, I phoned 2 weeks ago to raise an issue accessing one of my (3) mobile phone accounts online. Since then only one mobile number is showing on the account, and when I try to "Add Another Number" I get a message saying "This number is already linked to this account".

When I phoned the customer support team, I was advised to create a new email address and link the desired mobile numbers to it. I'm not willing to accept this as an acceptable solution - asking a customer to create an email account for the sole purpose of accessing a single online account is ridiculous.

As a result of this scenario, I have not been able to renew one of my phone contracts and am contemplating moving to another service provider.

Please advise of how this issue can be best rectified.

Regards

Chris

Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: mobile number missing

Hi Cstewa37,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

We're well aware of this issues with the online accounts. We're working as hard as we can to get this sorted for you as soon as possible. I'm really sorry for any annoyance caused on our part.

You should still be able to upgrade the desired handset by calling us on 789 or 0345 6000 789. The team on the phone will be able to get this processed.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
highbeech
Dialled in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

hey Mat looks like another new forum member, but a possible lost customer. :-)

a statement we work to get this fixed as soon as possible ISN'T an acceptable response after more thane two weeks of customer affecting issue.

come on man up and give us date for the fix

tkdfan
Up to speed
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

highbeech wrote:

hey Mat looks like another new forum member, but a possible lost customer. :-)

a statement we work to get this fixed as soon as possible ISN'T an acceptable response after more thane two weeks of customer affecting issue.

come on man up and give us date for the fix

I think poor Mat is just the front man trying to placate the customers, I don't think Virgin have any idea when they will be able to fix these problems.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Highbeech,

I understand your frustration. I can promise I'm being as man as possible when I say I don't have a fix date Smiley Sad

We're continuously working hard to ensure that this is fixed. If there's any more info you'd like, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
mcphailan
Tuning in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

We appreciate that Matt but I have exactly the same problem (plus a deleted account was re-surrected and no way to delete it online since upgrade), and JUST to be be informed some kind of timescale (even if it's "within a month") for this to be sorted would be great.  OR any inkling of what Support have said about the Issue to give us confidence of a resolution?  Any chance on either? Smiley Happy

tkdfan
Up to speed
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

mcphailan wrote:

We appreciate that Matt but I have exactly the same problem (plus a deleted account was re-surrected and no way to delete it online since upgrade), and JUST to be be informed some kind of timescale (even if it's "within a month") for this to be sorted would be great.  OR any inkling of what Support have said about the Issue to give us confidence of a resolution?  Any chance on either? Smiley Happy

Judging by the complete lack of response when I asked the same question earlier, I wouldn't hold your breath!

mcphailan
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

tkdfan wrote:

Judging by the complete lack of response when I asked the same question earlier, I wouldn't hold your breath!

Yup.  Virgin are lucky that this shocking upgrade has not produced worse publicity....

tkdfan
Up to speed
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

mcphailan wrote:

tkdfan wrote:

Yup.  Virgin are lucky that this shocking upgrade has not produced worse publicity....

Makes you wonder if the news has permeated outside these forums?

BexTech
Superfast
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thought I was going mad!

Logged into my mobile account and only my 2nd mobile number showing up on the account, and not showing my main mobile number at all, nothing I do can get my 1st number showing, either says can't add another number only PAYG numbers, try and create a new account and won't let me.

Virgin Media of late have really been going downhill and I'm getting more and more fed up with them.

Not surprised I know a few people in the last week told them where to go, one could just never log on to their account to find out what their bill was, Virgin never emailed them regarding the bill and then when asked them for paper bills, they never even sent them out, so they told VM to done one.  

Too many friends and family having nothing but problems with VM and accounts or billing (incorrect billing).

Virgin media really have to sort their issues out.  As I'm seriously looking at dumping the lot.

Only thing keeping me is broadband now, so might go to Sky again for TV as they are much better for TV (been given some good offers), have all the channels and their boxes aren't slow and clunky like the Tivo.

Phone line I can do without, as that is a rip-off, crazy that it's cheaper to make calls on a mobile than landline.

I am a customer with all four services, and not just one TV box or one mobile, but the customer service is appalling and VM keep screwing things up and is not value for money anymore.  Really had enough.

0 Kudos