Menu
pujro
Up to speed
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

local signal deteriorating

The mobile signal at my place has always been poor. I often have to go to the front of the house (and sometimes into the bay window) to retain connection quality. For the last few weeks this has been even worse, at times no signal at all to the rear of the house, even the gas/electric smart meter isn't connecting any more(which I understand is a mobile connection too?).

I know lots of areas have signal issues but why would it get worse? Can I find out if a local transmitter is off or faulty?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: local signal deteriorating

Hi pujro,

enter your post code into the EE service checker (Virgin Mobile works on their network) to see if there are any known issues.

If that shows as OK, try giving Virgin Mobile customer services a call on 789 / 0345 6000 789

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi pujro,

enter your post code into the EE service checker (Virgin Mobile works on their network) to see if there are any known issues.

If that shows as OK, try giving Virgin Mobile customer services a call on 789 / 0345 6000 789

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
pujro
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. I'd already checked the Virgin coverage, which looks fine, and shows no faults. However on checking EE service status, it is reporting a problem in the area so will monitor and see how it goes.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The coverage checker, only gives and indication of coverage and does not reflect and network issues or update, it's static almost never updated and almost useless, the EE option is much more useful, but only shows issues they are aware so can be a couple of days later in showing issues

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi pujro.

Thanks for dropping by with your mobile signal query the other day.

I'm glad to see that you've been provided with the links for the coverage checker that is available on our Mobile Help site.

I appreciate you are aware of an EE issue that you have mentioned from last week with the signal being a problem at the time.

Can you let us know how this is going for you?

Keep us posted and let us know if there's anything else we can look into for you.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
pujro
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Unfortunately the signal is much the same even though the EE site now shows no local faults.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pujro,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message back to us. 

I've been able to test the signal in the area and I can see that the service should be running well with no issues.

Can you please try taking the SIM out restart the phone then replacing the SIM back in the phone and reboot?

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos