Menu
killiekrankie
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

is it possible to have Virgin media change my mobile number to avoid pest calls and texts .

I have just recently started receiving a high volume of nuisance calls and texts. Is it possible that Virgin can change my mobile number for me. I subscribe to all Virgin media services.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: is it possible to have Virgin media change my mobile number to avoid pest calls and texts .

My understanding is that they will change your number for free once per year as a solution to "harassment". I'm pretty sure nuisance calls and texts qualify as harassment.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: is it possible to have Virgin media change my mobile number to avoid pest calls and texts .

Is the number registered with TPS?

A lot of people register their landlines for this service, but omit to register their mobiles. The result is that a lot more marketing calls are now being targeted at mobiles that are not on the list. To register, go to:

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/number_type.html

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

scouser73
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Rather than change your mobile number, have you thought of installing a Text & Call blocking app?

I can recommend Call Blocker, you can download it from the Google Play Store and use it for free; but this only allows you to store up to ten numbers, whereas the premium version allows for unlimited Calls and Text messages to be blocked.

If you want the premium version, and I really suggest getting it, the app costs £5.99.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flexaspect.android.everycallcontrol

Regards,

scouser73

152 Mbp/s Broadband - Windows 10 [Home] - SuperHub 3.0 - HTC Desire 825
killiekrankie
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you everyone for replying. Each and every one of your suggestions was very helpful and gives me several options. Much obliged.

PS Just for your information folks the number is registered with TPS and I will be asking Virgin for a new number and when it is allocated I will also install the call blocker app. So once again thank you for taking the time to help.

0 Kudos