Menu
daisydo1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

insensitivities of virgin media

My son tragically passed away in March. He was 11 months into a 2 year virgin mobile contract.
The contract was in my name & after contacting virgin to explain was told they wouldn't cancel the contract.
I wrote a letter to MD to which to date I have received no reply.
I found out by chance I could downgrade tariff so now I pay £11 monthly instead of £23. I was not given this information by virgin.
So now I have to pay 13 months for my deceased sons mobile. I receive monthly bills showing minutes - unused, texts - unused, data - unused. Its heartbraking.
I'm a longstanding & loyal vm customer but after insensitive way I've been treated I am planning to cancel all my virgin services (tv, phone & broadband).
So well done vm (not).
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: insensitivities of virgin media

Sorry for your lose.

This is a bad thing but in terms of the contract as its in your name not his the contract is still valid. the phone and contract are still yours and you'll most likely need to keep it until the end of the term.
0 Kudos
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have to agree, im sorry for your loss and admit its a bad situation but unfortunatly one of the risks of taking a contract under your name for someone else is that you are liable.

Your son may have been the one using the mobile but you are the one who took it and are the contract holder.

Again we dont mean to sound harsh saying it I really do feel for you but it cant be helped it would be the same with any company unless the mobile had been under that persons name

0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The above posts are of course correct.

Also correct is the demonstration of a total lack of compassion and common sense in tragic circumstances - well done VM for making your commercial attitude clear. Next time I receive unwanted  bizarre correspondence inviting me to 'share the love' I shall ensure it is posted back to you.

Perhaps someone at VM with a bit of moral fibre could latch on to this post.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Being legally right and being morally right are two different things...

I would stick my neck out and say this is a situation that no-one at VM wants and you have "slipped through the net", hopefully the forum staff will pick this up for you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi daisydo1,

I'm really sorry for your loss.

I've sent you a Private Message (red envelope, top left corner) to sort this out.

Thanks

Elaine_W

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos