Menu
alc473
Joining in
Message 21 of 119
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone unlock request

I have an iPhone X which was working absolutely fine with my previous Virgin Mobile sim. 

You've sent me a new sim and ported my old number in from BT, now it's saying sim not supported.

The iPhone X is originally from EE which uses the same network so I was told in CPW when I took out the contract. Why is the new sim not working?

I've spoken to CS who say they have sent an unlock request off for my iPhone X to be unlocked, but as the phone comes from EE how can you unlock another networks device? EE have categorically said that even though the phone was purchased on PAYG they will not unlock it for 6 months.

Help, please?! I now have no sim to use in this phone and it's causing me much stress!

0 Kudos
D-Pem
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 119
Flag for a moderator

Hi, same problem for me, had my iPhone 4s for donkey's on a Virgin SIM-Only contract, upgraded my contract, received the replacement purple SIM and now I am locked out of my iphone, as 'SIM Not Supported'??!!!

The old SIM has been deactivated and I have now been without use of my mobile for 5 days!! Need it unlocking ASAP!!

Very frustrating Smiley Mad

Sugarspunsisnik
Joining in
Message 23 of 119
Flag for a moderator

iPhone 5s sim not recognised

Can some one please help me get this sorted as I’ve now been with out this phone since before Christmas!! How can a some I’ve us d for almost years be replaced by a new one that doesn’t work but I keep being told it’sy phone that needs unlocked!! It’s onky ever had a VM sim in it!!
enlli
Super solver
Message 24 of 119
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone 5s sim not recognised

This applies if you have had a recent SIM change.

As it is an iPhone 5s there is a real likelihood that the phone is locked as they locked to the first SIM inserted. Virgin SIMs would see the phone lock to EE.

Now Virgin are moving to being a full MNVO they are issuing new SIMs not rebadged EE ones as in the past The iPhone now sees this a being a different network and so need unlocking.

The quickest way is to put your request in here http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/iPhone-unlock-request/td-p/3621737

KJB262
Joining in
Message 25 of 119
Flag for a moderator

Fitted new purple sim & now needs unlocking.

kellie75
Tuning in
Message 26 of 119
Flag for a moderator

Please, please, please help! I have always been with Virgin and have used my iPhone 5s without problem. I have the shiny new purple sim (wish I'd never ordered it now) and get the message that it locked to another carrier. I rang Virgin on 10th December to request the phone be unlocked, I was told it would take 5 working days. Yesterday (5th working day) I rang to see why it wasn't unlocked and was advised to connect to iTunes and do a factory reset. I did this and still no change. I am at my wits end now, no phone for over a week and I have no faith it is ever going to work again. Could you please look into this for me?????????
Mick16
Tuning in
Message 27 of 119
Flag for a moderator

This happened to me, it seems to be quite a proplem now, and all I can see that Virgin are ignoring the issue.

Mick16
Tuning in
Message 28 of 119
Flag for a moderator

It's disgusting the way Virgin is dealing with this. 

mrjgriff
Joining in
Message 29 of 119
Flag for a moderator

Have exactly the same problem  think as everyone else.

Old V sim worked fine for couple of years on what I think is a 5S and upgraded to 5GB deal just after xmas for teenage daughter who excitedly inserted new sim as requested to find 'Not recognised' type message - only to insert old sim and find that no longer works either. Very frustrating, waited week or so till end of previous month tariff ran out but still no difference although new sim 100% in date -  if this is an unlock problem as so many think, I wouldn't even have a clue who the phone was with 3 or 4 years ago...

Has anyone on this forum managed to get their phone working.

mattjary
Tuning in
Message 30 of 119
Flag for a moderator

Got my phone working again
I had to send iMei number and other phone details to them, then took 4 days in total.