Menu
griffgm
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

failed roaming service

anyone experienced failed voice calls from abroad when roaming and what was the solution?

0 Kudos
simplycool18
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: failed roaming service

Ha ha ha !!!! There is is no roaming service with Virgin. Nobody gets it as I have heard of 100's of customers who are absolutely disgusted at no being able to connect. I went to Germany six weeks ago -- NO SERVICE. I went to Italy 1 week ago --NO SERVICE despite promises. Don't listen to them, they are lying. Don't take any b--s---t just change company. Virgin is no more a decent phone company as a monkey playing a piano. They don't even have an email address to get help, I imagine because it would crash with sheer volume of complaints. Their overseas help number does NOT CONNECT. I tried several times and even the hotel receptionist tried. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi griffgm,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear your having difficulties making calls when abroad.

I'd like to help you get this sorted.

Are you able to connect to a network?

If you can connect to a network you may potentially have international call barring active. 

You can check roaming and international barring are active when you log into Your Account .

Click on plan and device

Click the tab manage services

Make sure roaming is set to on here and international barring is set to off. Move the slider to the correct state and click update. This will present you with a green success message. It may take up to 24hrs for this to go live on your account.

If after these steps you are still experiencing difficulties give our mobile team a call on +447953967967 or alternatively on 0044345 6000 789 from a roaming handset or land line so we can take a further look into this for you.

Let me know how it goes.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
bob60
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen_b

How come you are replying to other posts and not mine?

If you are employed by Virgin Mobile shouldn't you be replying to all posts? 

bob

0 Kudos
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

See my post here

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Mobile/Roaming-problem-RESOLVED/td-p/2869438

I'm waiting to here back to wether I can post the email addresses I contacted to resolve this issue.
0 Kudos