Menu
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

change of tariff question

Hi people,

Trying to find some info before deciding whether to change tariff or not...(shop no help!! and 789 Busy, busy, busy so far, 20 mins on hold!!)

Currently have a BB Z10, which I am using on a 30 day rolling 'SIM only' deal, paying £7 for 150 mins, unlimited texts, and 500 meg of internet.

Browsing my 'tariff options' on my mobile account, reveals the following

£5 per month, = 250 mins, unlimited texts, 1 gig internet.

This is almost double my minutes, and double my internet, for £2 per month less??

Wondered if this was OK for BB Z10, as current tariff includes BB services, but at no charge (shows as £00 on tariff)

Shop cannot even locate this tariff, let alone help!!

Don't want to change if the lower price one does not include BB services (not sure the Z10 needs these, as running  OS 10, and been told only OS 7 and less need it, but nobody seems to know?)

Any help from forum much appreciated...

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: change of tariff question

That sim is a existing customer sim deal and one I changed to a while ago online, I have since had a letter to say the £5 is a wrong price online and it should be priced at £6, the letter say's they are increasing mine by a £1 to make it £6 on the 29th this month.  Take it on and see if your lucky to keep at £5 :-)

Type in "does BB10 need BBM" into Google, it looks like it does not.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

teabag wrote:

That sim is a existing customer sim deal and one I changed to a while ago online, I have since had a letter to say the £5 is a wrong price online and it should be priced at £6, the letter say's they are increasing mine by a £1 to make it £6 on the 29th this month.  Take it on and see if your lucky to keep at £5 :-)

Type in "does BB10 need BBM" into Google, it looks like it does not.

Seems just what I thought, 

Defo says £5, just seems silly that it's £2 less than my current deal (which is going up £1 end of July as well & will be £8 so the £1 increase on it seems to be the going rate across the board then) for almost twice as much content, 

Again, regarding the BB services, I do seem to remember someone saying that only older BB OS needed it, and OS10 was more or less integrated rather than a separate requirement.

Might wait a day or so to see if a rep has any more info, as if I do change, won't take effect until next payment due, which is 2nd August.

Regards, 

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ringing 789 from your phone and chosing the "thinking of leaving us" option during office hours, they will be able to answer your questions and also arrange for £6 sim to start on your next refresh date.

I have also noticed the £7 sim is also going up by £1, it should have 1000 minutes, unlimited text's and 500meg data allowance after the £1 raise.  For myself the £6 sim is better for my use, 250 minutes, unlimited text's and 1gig of data.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos