Menu
colio71
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

WiFi buddy

Hi there I've been sent the new WiFi buddy app & instructions to install it but ive followed them to the t but I get a message saying there's no internet but I have a virginmedia plan with 465mb of data left 

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi buddy

Ok your not making much sense.

Wifi buddy is to use the wifi for internet on your phone and not mobile date.
To use it you must have, the app installed, wifi active, the phone connected to a wifi network.

The f you are connected to wifi, the mobile data (internet) on the phone is switched off saving you your precious paid for data?

For you phone to use mobile date, you need, a paid for data package, mobile data switched on, on your phone, a 3G or H or H+ signal icon on the top of the phone.

Now where are you a amongst all that?
0 Kudos
colio71
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello j0hn it's to get the hotspots when out & about rather than use my data. I am using an iPhone 4s & I can watch YouTube with my data plan ( no WiFi ) but it won't let me open safari to see my e-mails because it keeps saying ( safari cannot open the page because your iPhone is not connected to the internet )

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok this is going to be am iphone settings issue
I assume you have wifi active and set to search and auto connect to any open wifi signal?
I suspect its the setting requires a mannual set up for the first time
0 Kudos
colio71
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No no further on everything is turned on that needs to be but still no luck, either through the link provided by virginmedia nor through the play store so thanks for replying. I'll just talk with virginmedia them selves to see if they can help. So once again thanks j0hn

0 Kudos