Menu
sharonhawtin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Why didn't I receive Sony SmartBand Talk with my Sony Xperia Z3 when paying over £23 a month?

I received a Sony Xperia Z3 phone on a £26 a month contract yesterday and online it says that you are supposed to receive a free Sony SmartBand talk with all of them kinds of phones if you are paying over £23 a month (which I am doing) 

Have I miss-understood the information online?
Because from what i've seen I should of definitely got this with my phone.

Below is a screen shot of the information I have seen online:

Helpful Answers
debmas
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Why didn't I receive Sony SmartBand Talk with my Sony Xperia Z3 when paying over £23 a month?

I didn't get mine today either , thought it might come separately, the salesman said it would definitely come with the phone so will call tomorrow and see what happens , just not good enough it is one of the reasons I ordered the phone.

All Replies
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why didn't I receive Sony SmartBand Talk with my Sony Xperia Z3 when paying over £23 a month?

"or whilst stocks last"

They probably only ever got a handful

sharonhawtin
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

They never said they were out of stock though, I called up and was told I had to pay extra to get one.
But that isn't what the website says 

debmas
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I didn't get mine today either , thought it might come separately, the salesman said it would definitely come with the phone so will call tomorrow and see what happens , just not good enough it is one of the reasons I ordered the phone.
sharonhawtin
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Oh really? Yeah it was one of the main reasons I got it too.
I thought it might come separately but had nothing!
What contract did you get?

Think i'm going to try calling again tomorrow because it's false advertisement if they put it on the website then don't bother giving it out. Especially when it says "until 30th June"

And yeah it's definitely not good enough !

debmas
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I got the £38 a month contract, Have been doing research and will give web chat a try before I ring again, it feels like I have been on the phone to them for days !! had other problems too as this was an upgrade but sales didn't ask for origional phone number so have had to change my phone number too. Let me know how you get on and I will do likewise.
sharonhawtin
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

that's just ridiculous! did you manage to contact them and get anywhere? I haven't had chance yet but will let you know what happens when I do!
sharonhawtin
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Now I am even more annoyed as they have suddenly take the deal off the website!
Even thought it was meant to be until 30th June!

still got proof on my screen shot though

ChrisK2
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Was told when I ordered the phone on Tuesday night that the wristband was still available but I would have to call someone when the phone arrived. Like others, bought this phone primarily for the smartband.

Called today and told that there should have been a voucher in the box that I needed to use on the Sony website. Call then cut off and no voucher in box. When I called back I was told that the Smartband should have been sent with the phone, but stocks ran out on Wednesday. Basically, they have lied to us all and sold products without the free gift. Going to write a letter of complaint to Virgin media and will be contacting Watchdog.
sharonhawtin
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Oh dear! What the hell. That is absolutely ridiculous!

I'm glad I got that screen shot before they decided to lie and update the website!
Surely they can't get away with this. It's totally unfair! 

I found an email and it says that it's the "CEO" of virgin so i've sent them an email about it (with the screen shot as proof) because calling didn't help me either. 

If you want the email then let me know!

If enough people complain they might actually do something about it.