Menu
rogerarthur
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What do I need to do to get my phone to work in Spain

I wasn't expecting this. My Tesco payg sim always connected abroad without any intervention by me. Looks like I'll be giving Virgin the boot when I get back to the UK.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: What do I need to do to get my phone to work in Spain

Hi rogerarthur,

I'm guessing that you're a "pay monthly" customer.

For pay as you go accounts roaming is on by default.

For pay monthly accounts roaming is off unless you turn it on.

Go to "Manage my services" > set "Roaming" to ON & "International call barring" to OFF.

Allow time for your account to update. Then reboot your phone by turning it off & on again.

You may have to go into the phone's settings and "manually search for network"

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
rogerarthur
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I was unable to follow your advice because of inability to get past my account security question. Fortunately, my daughter was willing to call Virgin from her phone and follow their instructions to change my phone settings. If these instructions are already on the website, they need to be easier to find than advice of the sort "if your phone isn't working, call this number", (which would have been very difficult had I been here on my own).
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi rogerarthur,

Sorry to hear that you had problems with your roaming service while abroad. I'm glad that your daughter was able to get in touch with us and able to change the settings on your phone for roaming. Is this working for you now?

Information about this is found on our main website--just click Help > Mobile > in the left margin under More Help & Support click on Making Calls Abroad, then Going abroad FAQs, where we have two pages of helpful information and tips for our customers. Apologies that this inflammation wasn't easily found on our website.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos