Menu
justabloke
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WA5 Phone Signal

Hi all,

I'm in the WA5 postcode in Warrington and the mobile signal at home is awfull to the point of useless.  How can this be improved ?

The old SmartCall Wifi App has been discontinued, any options....

0 Kudos
JohnGrogan
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WA5 Phone Signal

Hello,

I'm in WA7 and I have just signed up to Virgin mobile.  I'm really miffed to find out how bad the signal is round here.  Even outside my house I'm lucky to get a signal.  According to the Virgin website, the EE signal is supposed to be great outside/good inside in this area!  I suppose I'll have to see my contract out now although I really don't think Virgin are keeping to their side of it.

0 Kudos
justabloke
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,  Anyone know what signal strength should be for mobiles ?I have downloaded a signal strength checking app and this is showing -127 to -188 RSSP, dBm at the moment.  On the gauge this is showing red and is right at the bottom of the graph...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi justabloke,

Thanks for getting in touch on the Forum. I'm sorry that you are having a problem with your mobile signal.

I've been able to check your postcode using the following sites: 

1. EE Coverage Checker
  2. Virgin Mobile Coverage Checker

Both sites show that the 3G and 4G signal in your area is excellent, however these checks are only a guide and is not a guarantee of service availability in a particular location. It shows outdoor coverage only. As with all radio-based systems, service may be affected by a number of local factors, such as building materials, tree cover and weather conditions.

In order to look into this further for you, please let me know the following:

• Do you have signal problems when away from home?
  • Do other networks have a signal problem at your property?
  • Does your signal improve if you put your SIM card in a different handset?
  • Have you tried replacing your SIM card?

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos