Menu
MojoIan
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail doesn't work when transferring from another network with SIM only deal, any help please?

I have just transferred from O2 to a Virgin SIM in my Apple i5 phone. Althought I went through the necessary steps and it appeared to setup voicemail correctly,  if someone dials my number it never goes to voicemail but delivers a number unobtainable message. Has anyone experienced anything similar or can someone help please?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Voicemail doesn't work when transferring from another network with SIM only deal, any help pl...

Hi MojoIan,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry to hear your voicemail service isn't working. I know from experience how annoying this can be. It's something I can definitely help with though.

Have you followed the steps here to set up voicemail? If you have and it's not working, then there's a way you can reset it.

You can do this via your online account. Please click here to log in and follow these steps:-
Online account > Plan and device > Manage services > Voicemail

If it shows it's turned on then please turn it off. A green message will appear. You'll need to wait 2-24 hours for this to be successful. Then you repeat the process to turn it back on again waiting a further 2-24 hours.

I'd be very keen to hear the outcome so please keep me updated.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Voicemail doesn't work when transferring from another network with SIM only deal, any help pl...

Hi MojoIan,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry to hear your voicemail service isn't working. I know from experience how annoying this can be. It's something I can definitely help with though.

Have you followed the steps here to set up voicemail? If you have and it's not working, then there's a way you can reset it.

You can do this via your online account. Please click here to log in and follow these steps:-
Online account > Plan and device > Manage services > Voicemail

If it shows it's turned on then please turn it off. A green message will appear. You'll need to wait 2-24 hours for this to be successful. Then you repeat the process to turn it back on again waiting a further 2-24 hours.

I'd be very keen to hear the outcome so please keep me updated.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
MojoIan
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich,

Thanks for getting back, however after numerous phonecalls to your helpdesk we did manage to sort the issue out thanks. So I'm up and running now, thanks.

Ian
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ian,

Many thanks for getting back to me.

I'm really pleased to hear you've got this problem sorted.

Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos