Menu
merlinbrent
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail and 4G

Hello,

I have an iphone 7 that was on the EE network. This contract ended, so i purchased a VM sim, and inserts this. As these are the same base networks, the phone accepted the SIM fine and this seems to work.

However, i am on a 4G plan - and the phone refuses to get a 4g connection, anywhere, i've tried many places that i have a EE 4g signal, but this will not work. In my settings, i notice my phone is set to LTE (and the 4g option doesnt even exist) i know these are essentially the same thing, but i've checked on a few other iphones on VM and they all show as 4g, and the LTE setting isn't even there.

Also, when i press my "voicemail" button from within the phone dialer, nothing happens. If i dial 222 im presented with a voice message that states "cannot connect, please call customer services"

When i inserted the SIM, i did not get a message to update my carrier settings, which i find strange, and i think this may be part of the issue. Does this seem feasable? And how can i make it prompt me for carrier settings?

I've tried an iphone network settings refresh, but this does not work.

I do not want to call customer services as i've had literally nothing but TERRIBLE responses form then.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail and 4G

Have you updated the software on your iphone?

0 Kudos
merlinbrent
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but which software do you mean?

If you mean my iOS version, then yeah I'm running the latest.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone settings are different to iOS versions.

See this thread about how to get 4G to show

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Mobile/New-phone-cant-find-4G-only-LTE-pre...

For the Voicemail issue however I'm not sure if that's something you can fix without talking to Customer Services
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos