Menu
Caravelle
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Voice mail number updated ?

Please can someone explain what this nonsense is about?  On my Windows phone I received a text at 11:53 today from "VIRGIN", saying:

"Your voice mail number is updated.  If you receive this message again store +44003[the rest of the number matches my mobile number] in your contacts and dial direct to access voice mail".   So the number has been updated, but I only have to do something about if if I receive the message <again> ?  What planet does that make sense on ?

At 12:44 I did receive the message again, but this time the number has changed to +447573706261.

And at 13:08, guess what ?  Same message but the number is +447953222222.  And I still don't have to do anything about it until the next one turns up, apparently.   Is this some kind of spam pretending to be from Virgin, designed to get me to call some dodgy number ?

Thanks

Caravelle

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voice mail number updated ?

No it's not spam, Virgin changed their fm system and this is the result. So open the dialler press and hold 1. If it connects to your fm it's all ok if not wait till the next text and follow the instruction Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I also received the update to the xxxx222222 number at 19:13 this evening. First thing I did and checked that my voicemail was on this number, it was definitely mine as I have an eight digit pin set. Next I updated my iPhone so the Voicemail number is dialled automatically when you hit the Voicemail button on the dealer. Got it wrong the first time, said service unavailable, but entered it correctly the second time. Tested out ok. All VM need to do now is allow us to redirect calls to another number like all other providers.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
Caravelle
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you both.

Okay, so it's not spam.  But it still makes no sense.   It instructs me to put a number in my Contacts after I have received another message, which will tell me to put a different number in my contacts.  It seems to have stopped at the third, which is still telling me to wait until I get a fourth.

You seem to understand the logic of it, but I certainly don't ! 

I would definitely send the composer of this series of messages to Room 5 (there are those who understand binary and those who don't).

Caravelle

0 Kudos