Menu
SteveC66
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin damage phone then deny it

My phone developed two faults, no sound from the ear speaker then on the same day wouldn't charge, so I rang em, oh send it in for repair it may be covered under warranty.

I sent the handset in the little box they sent out at around 1pm they received it around 5am the following day, kudos to the postal service.

TWO days later I get a call, one of the little plastic covers is missing from your phone so it not covered by the warranty, it will be £96 to repair your phone.

Both covers were present and correct when I packed it I said, " im sorry sir the fact remains your phone is damaged and not covered by the warranty, do you wish to go ahead with the repair costing £96" must have heard that line about 30 times now.

I asked, " did you report the package as damaged to the post office?"

No the package wasn't damaged Mr C.......

Oh so how do you explain the damage to my phone?........

That's how we received it.......Err I THINK NOT

An employee of Virgin has damaged my handset without doubt.

Anyone else had a problem like this?

This is the short version, I am still waiting for a manager callback " within the hour" that was on the 26th of August.

Customer disservice I think.

0 Kudos
ReadingIntoIt
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin damage phone then deny it

What little plastic cover do they mean exactly? What is the make of phone?

96 quid to replace a piece of plastic seems excessive, maybe even if they had to partially dissasemble the phone to replace the little piece of plastic.

0 Kudos
SteveC66
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The cover wasn't the problem, the cover was ripped off by someone at Virgin, that made my warranty invalid, so my phone was sent back to me in a worse state than when I sent it, its been a month now and I still have no phone and no sign of a resolution as Virgin just keep spouting the same crap in different ways

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi SteveC66,

I appreciate that this is not an ideal situation in which you are understandably unhappy with the situation.

If you have raised a formal complaint by calling or writing in to us (please see Contact Us: www.virginmedia.com/contactus > Something else > Making a complaint > Virgin Media Complaints Code of Practice for these details) and have not come to a satisfactory resolution within 8 weeks, there are other options you can take, as outlined in our Code of Practice.

If you would like to escalate your concerns to us then please get in touch following those methods to allow us to deal with your complaint.

I apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
SteveC66
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the service recieved so far has been off the chart poor to say the least, Not one of the people I have dealt with on the phone or via facebook has taken into account that my phone was damaged in Virgins care, I have in 5 weeks not been offered any form or resolution to this matter, apart from being offered afar inferior handset and having money stolen from my account for the pleasure.

If I could bin all virgin products I would, at the end of any remaining contracts I have I will not be renewing them with Virgin.

5 weeks of no mobile and untold stress over something that could AND SHOULD have taken 2 - 3 days to sort in the beginning, and I have had enough of the "were here to help" or " if there is anything we can do to resolve this" replys as they are only posted to try and make people who read it think you lot care about your customers.

Over 12 hours on the phone, 2+ in webchats, 3 weeks waiting for a manager to "call me within the hour" garbage service.

0 Kudos
jimmyringo
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sent my phone off to be repaired few months ago when simreader stopped working.Only 10 months old and in perfect condition,not even a scratch..When Virgin got it ,it suddenly developed 'Physical damage' and wouldn't stand over warranty.Phone was not in any way damaged when I sent it.They would only repair it for £96 (is this the magic number).They basically said 'tough',its our word against yours.I ended up buying a second hand one on ebay for half the price.Will be leaving Virgin at end of contract.

A quick search shows that phones within warranty quite often develop 'physical damage' when they arrive at virgins repair centre.Strange that!

0 Kudos
SteveC66
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I took it all the way to the top, whoever it was I spoke to could not apologies enough, I ended up being proved right in the end and getting over £300 reimbursed due to poor service, had to use a company called CSAS though who helped escalate the matter.

0 Kudos