Menu
timsmith24
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin VIP Sim only

Dear Virgin Mobile support

I currently have one of those VIP sims (unlimited 3G data, unlimited txt and unlimited mins)

Will i be switched over to unlimited 4G data now ? or will it be capped ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
lorrainewest
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin VIP Sim only

hi, they will probably do what they have just done to my husband and send you a letter saying that the vip accounts are uneconomical for them to continue providing them and instead he is going to get 1gb data!  not very happy. I'm expecting the same letter. Want to know what we can do about it as salesman sold it to me stating that it was for as long as we kept the 30 days rolling.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi timsmith24, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your interest in our 4G services. 

I would definitely recommend making the most out of the 4G service we now offer. In order to do this you would have to move onto one of our new 4G tariffs and leave the old one behind.  

If you wish to look into this more please sign into your Mobile account [Here] and select 'Plan and device' then hit 'Change tariff' and see whats available to you.  

More news on our 4G can be found in our community news page which you will find [Here]

Thanks for you interest 

Mike 

RogerS
Dialled in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

But why no special deals for Virgin Media customers?  It's almost as if, as part of the deal giving Virgin access to 4G, EE (now owned by BT) have demanded no special "quad play" tarriffs.

teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

There have been no special deals (money wise) for also being a Virgin Media customer for sometime now, just the free Virgin to Virgin calls.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
timsmith24
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

EE still hadthat special 16GB of 4G data and unlimited txt and min for £19.99 in the shops. I just moved to that :-)   EE also has Wifi calling which is handy, and the 4G speed is up to 90Mbps, not capped at 25Mbps like Virgin.

0 Kudos
Meteorological
Up to speed
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin haven't been interested in existing customers for some time now, I would advise you to do what I did and take your custom elsewhere, you may even find a deal with cashback, I'm now with Three and have had excellent 4G service for some time now.

HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Meteorological wrote:

Virgin haven't been interested in existing customers for some time now, I would advise you to do what I did and take your custom elsewhere, you may even find a deal with cashback, I'm now with Three and have had excellent 4G service for some time now.

Son moved to '3' a while ago, far better service, reception, more flexible tariffs and they don't charge more for 4G like VM are going to do..

They also do call forwarding Smiley Tongue and allow tethering Smiley Tongue and it's FAST 4G not LTE like VM..

Am in the process of dumping VM and moving over to a 'proper' service provider..  '3' ( their customer service is 5*  (that's 5* better than VM's))

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

HughJarsse said: "and it's FAST 4G not LTE like VM.."

A little confusing statement, all 4g in the UK is LTE
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That may be true, but I'd disagree as I have done before, however I'm not going into tech stuff, but Virgin have the lowest bandwidth available on their sic "4G" offering just the basic stuff, for example EE who provide the service (or BT if you would like to be accurate) have three levels of 4G service and guess what option Virgin use, yes you guessed it slowest lowest bandwidth option.

So virgin are still not providing a first rate service to their customers, just a basic service. To top it off their prices are no longer "basic" EE payg has access to full 4G services

on an EE payg sim lar week I exceeded 32Mbps down and 17Mbps up whilst driving around Chippenham, that over 50% up on the Virgin connection max possible, so saying all 4G is equal is just rubbish and anyone who cares to do a little research on what's bandwidth is offered elsewhere can soon see for themselves.

0 Kudos