Menu
caravanj
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Intending to Take a Payment After Contract Has Terminated.

I served notice on Virgin on the 10th June to terminate two contracts on the 10th July 2015 but today I've just had a text to say Virgin will be taking another payment on the 24th July 2015.

How do I contact them without racking up a huge phone bill on their 0345 number or is 0345 free from any provider?

P.S. My two cancelled contracts no longer appear in 'My Account' so I have no way of checking.

Well done Virgin!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Intending to Take a Payment After Contract Has Terminated.

I think it sounds about right. Your contract ends on a refresh date - and payment for that is taken after you've received the bill. If I gave notice right now, my service would terminate on 29th July and my last payment would leave the bank 14th August.

caravanj
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your quick reply.

So the payment to be taken on the 24th July covers my contract up to the 10th July when it terminated.

0 Kudos
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

if you rang to cancel on the 10th you usually give 30 days notice but yes you should stlll expect a bill after the cancel date for any final usage.

I left virgin months ago but they still text me every month to say my bill is due, (although it says £0) its still stupid Smiley Tongue

caravanj
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alpha123 & thanks for your reply.

I just find it plain stupid for Virgin to send a final bill text with a link to my account when they've closed the account & removed it from  'My Account', thus making it impossible for me to check what they've billed me for & whether it's accurate.

0 Kudos
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I agree its daft, but they  automate everything and use a **bleep** poor system to do it.

youll see in everal months time where your like i am getting monthly texts about your bill or 0£ is due Smiley Very Happy