Menu
pacooper
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Very disgruntled!!!

Dear Virgin, I am writing to express my unhappiness with the service... I have received from you, I sent my phone in to be repaired a while ago because the small plastic plate that the charging pins sit on had come out when I unplugged my charger, I got my phone back a week or so later with a note saying that ive bent the pins and is not covered by the warrantee and that they had tried to contact me but I had received no missed call on my mobile or land line but had received texts saying thay had received and where returning my phone, so clearly they didn't try very hard to contact mer about the problem, when I phoned up custermer services quite annoyed all I got in reply was that I had bent the pins which is not true, the pins are all still straight and it is the plate that had broke, the service lady was clearly uninterested so I requested to speak to a manager, she put me on hold for at least half an hour then came back saying a manager will contact me within an hour, this was several days ago. My phone is only 5 months old I received it with damage to the digitaliser which I have put up with but I am really not happy with the fact that by no fault of my own my phone is broke and im expected to pay for something that should be under warrantee! this is on top of the total balls up while connecting my landline (which got wired into next door) and cost me over £30 in calls from my mobile (not virgin at the time) to get it corrected, which also no one at virgin was bothered about,
Very disgruntled customer thinks of moving my service elsewhere!
Mr P Cooper

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very disgruntled!!!

Sadly that is considered physical damage and as they told you not covered by the warranty, if you have it covered under you bank account or home insurance they you may get it repaired for free, the charge ports and susceptible to damage if inserted the wrong way or with to much pressure, Virgin will always charge you for this type of repair Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very disgruntled!!!

Hi Pacooper,

Thank you for your time and posting your message for the Community to read and understand.

When your mobile breaks, it's never easy or at a good time, they are with us more than our loved ones at times and a real lifeline to the world, so I can understand your frustraition.

I can see you've had some advice from J0hn, which is correct in what he's saying, I would like to ask if you may have any mobile insurance that you have signed up for but maybe have forgotten? Also when you recieved the phone back did they offer you a price to fix?

I hope that this can be sorted for you soon and please stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos