Menu
Bigjayce
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very Frustrated too!

Not only are Virgin refusing to allow me to upgrade my two contracts next month because even though I have had them for 2 years I now can't upgrade them BUT I received the bill for my Daughters phone this morning and instead of the £12 it should have been it's £45!!!!

All because she put a few emojis on some texts and virgin have treated them as picture messages and charged me a fortune them! surely that can't be right

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very Frustrated too!

Sadly yes. Her phone obviously turned them into MMS (Virgin's Picture messages) as some phones do.

If you can give the make and model of the phone I'm sure someone can tell you how to stop this happening.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Depending on the make/model of the phone an app may be available to resolve this

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bigjayce,

Thank you for coming in and posting your comment on the mobile board.

I am very sorry that there was a surprise in the bill, the mobile's built in emojis are seen as picture messages, the safer option would be to add them : ) without spacing etc. I would like to help out here as also you've mentioned the phone contracts being over 24 months old, this should allow you to upgrade at the 23rd month, allowing 1 month period to change phones?

Can you tell me a bit more about what they said on the phone?

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos