Menu
GillB
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Urgent travel pass problem

Me again I'm afraid.
Am now in Belgium and happily calls seem to be working fine. However my travel pass isn't.
Have followed all the advice and wasted my first 2 hours' holiday trying to do so. Everything is set to data roaming but every time I try to connect, it tells me 'disconnected because service is unavailable'. When I click on 'connect to all networks' and that I know it's expensive, no green tick appears.
I tried to call support but was informed I'd have to pay 16p a minute. I'd be bankrupt before I managed to speak to anyone (the number to call from overseas doesn't work).
I'm not wasting any more of my holiday trying to fix this so, if it can't be fixed tonight, please remove the pass and refund me. I've seriously had enough.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Urgent travel pass problem

Hi GillB,

Thanks for getting back to me.

My apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

You will need to call our mobile team on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789 so we can get this refund sorted for you. I'm sure as your data use will show the pass hasn't been used this should be straight forward.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi GillB,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you're having issues using your travel pass.

Did you purchase the travel pass while at home or abroad and did you get a confirmation text?

I've included a link to our mobile data help page here for you.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
GillB
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for responding. I bought it in the UK, I got a confirmation text and it's in the extra charges on my account page. I followed all the advice in your link - I spent the first two hours after arriving at my hotel trying to get it to work using the advice on the website and in the forum.

I'm only here for four days. Two have gone and I'm happy to rely on wi-fi for the remaining two so would just like a refund. It will be obvious that no data has been used.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi GillB,

Thanks for getting back to me.

My apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

You will need to call our mobile team on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789 so we can get this refund sorted for you. I'm sure as your data use will show the pass hasn't been used this should be straight forward.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos
GillB
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I'll do so when I'm back home.
0 Kudos
GillB
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just to let you know that I've been in touch and the money is being refunded though it hasn't happened yet so crossing my fingers it will. I got a text straight away when I bought it but not, as yet, for the refund.

For future reference for anyone reading the thread, apparently something should have been enabled from Virgin's side on my account when I bought the travel pass but it wasn't, so I'll know what to do next time (if there is a next time ... still trying to find out how to get a reliable service in my house Smiley Wink)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi GillB,

Thanks for getting back in touchSmiley Happy

Glad to hear we are getting this refunded for you. You wouldn't receive a text message to say its being applied though just keep an eye on your bill.

If there's any issues just let me know.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused by the data pass not working.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos
Gringo222
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi this has happened to me in the past when I've bought a travel pass and it hasn't worked. Incredibly frustrating and a total waste of money!. What it is that needs to be enabled??? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gringo222,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you've had similar issues. Can you let me know what phone you're using?

Data Roaming is more than likely disabled on the phone. Let me know what phone you're using as soon as possible and we'll get this sorted for you.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Gringo222
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Data roaming was always switched on. I've a new phone and I've yet to try. We'll see...

0 Kudos