Menu
nicola123
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Urgent Help Needed

Sorry for my bad gramma but here goes

My partner bought a contract from virgin. They sent her the wrong fone. For seven months now,shes been making calls trying to sort this mess out. Shes taken days off works at various times because incompetent people told her they would make a doorstep exchange, but this never happend. Shes spent a stupid amount of hours on the fone that go like this.. She gets home about 6pm, then fones customer services and ends up talking to someone you can barely understand and can barely understand you. They advise her wrong and pass her onto someone else. each time its taking around 10-15 minuites explaining the whole scenario to be then passed on to someone else and over and over until you hear a click and a robot says. Sorry customer service is closed now.

Now shes been through a ton of trouble over these seven months and shes on the verge of a breakdown. She also needs the fone for her buisness and even though its the wrong fone, its also either the worst fone ever or its faulty. Anyway after months of messing around she was about to give up but decided to try and resolve the matter on sunday evening. Luckily she got a guy called RICHARD [MOD EDIT] based in manchester. After looking at his computer, he appologised for the numerous mistakes and the days shes taken off work and money lost ect ect. Sais it was totally virgins fault and asked her what she wanted to do. She told him all she wanted was the fone she originally had stolen before she bought into a contract, the same fone she asked for while making the contract. he informed her that she could have it and hed done all the work on the computer but his manager wasnt in right now and that soon has his manager came in the problem would be over.. He promised to phone her back monday evening when she arrived home from work at 6pm. He gave her his name and i think a code number or something just incase... Anyway 6pm passes by and theres no phone call so she phones cutomer services again. This is where i thought enough is enough. She really is on the verge of a mental breakdown, not because of virgin obviously but personal matters. So i decide to video record whats going on. Some guy answers the fone who we can barely understand and he can barely understand her. She spends 10 minuites explaining the situation and he then passes her onto someone else. The next person is american/canadian and she explains again, she is then past to someone from insurance, she explains the deal again, she also explains everything she discussed with Richard [MOD EDIT] and offers the details, the other guys from customer services say they can not put her in touch with him. The insurance guy tells her to just forget about him. He also fumbles and stumbles around every bit of information she gives him. After about 25 minuites talking to him he tells her all he can do is enquire and this will take 48 hours. at one point she gets frustrated and nearly breaks down. When she composes herself and is just about to finish the call he just suddenly says " oh i've got some brilliant news for you miss kelly" To which with both smiled and thought, thankgod, hes seen something on the computer and has brought the situation to light. She even had a big smile on her face thinking the whole stupid episode was over. Now bear in mind, shes already explained she has been given the wrong phone, She was supposed to have been sent an experia Z1, she used to have a Z3 but was stolen from her shop, she needs the big screen to show customers dresses on the internet. Anyway she orderd a Sony experia Z1 but was sent a Z1 experia compact by mistake. So every person including the insurance guy has been told this. Anyway he drops the big news.. Im delighted to tell you miss kelly, i can do an exchange for you. If you give use the z1 compact back, we can give you an experia z1 compact but we will have to charge you a 40 pounds excess fee i think he called it. Anyway that was the final nail. She broke down on her hands and knees and he told her shes best ringing customer services back. Whats more anoying is that the compact is a terrible fone. its constantly locking up freezing lagging out getting hot and she has to stand in the bathroom to make some calls just to get a signal. Its more frustrating for her work when shes trying to show customers info on the net. So she composes herself once more and fones customer services. after 5 mins you hear a click and a robot saying customer services is now closed. Now this is how its been going for months. Oh and she was also told, the insurance shes been paying for for 7 months isnt even valid. Please please please pretty pretty please with anything you want on top. Can someone please help us with this matter or get us the information we need to get back in touch with richard [MOD EDIT]. If anyone doughts whats going on, i can leave a link when the matter is resolved or if it isnt. Im a brilliant video editor and i promise i will post and share this across every platform. Im a youtube partner and know alot of other youtube partners and ill post this footage forever if i have to keep watching my partner break down over a stupid fone and stupid hours of wasted life. Ive been a virgin broadband user since the beggining of NTL and have never had a problem, but have no idea how a simple matter can turn into plain foolery. If i hadnt have videos what happend last night, i wouldnt have believed it.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal and private information. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts on the forum. To send a Private Message (PM) please click the letter icon to the top right of your screen. You can review the Forum Guidelines on this here. Thanks] 

0 Kudos
nicola123
Just joined
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Urgent Help Needed

if im posting something i shouldnt. an explanations would be nice, so i dont have to repeat mistakes

0 Kudos
nicola123
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

like to point out, these posts are screenshoted and will bre added to the video also if they are removed

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile don't remove whole posts unless they are spam, defamatory, duplicates or totally unhelpful/pointless.

Parts of your post have been edited by a moderator to remove information that can potentially be used to personally identify you or make contact. This is a publicly visible forum, so anyone with (say) a company that sends out premium text messages at £4.50 a pop can put your number in their database and start making some money out of you.

And then you'd come back on the forum in a rage because you "never gave out your number" and "why don't Virgin do something about these companies".

I'm not an apologist for Virgin, they have many faults, but people should really start taking their privacy seriously and take responsibility for their own lapses in security or judgement.

0 Kudos