Menu
Igor1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade PAYG on CPW

Hi I am over 6 months on Virgin PAYG and tried upgrade phone on carphone warehouse I entered the mobile number and the verification code and the message is: "We are sorry, but this number is unfortunately not due for an upgrade right now."

can you solve this problem as i asked on chat cpw agent he directed me to virgin.

i ve done chargeable events required to be eligible , so should be fine but is not.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade PAYG on CPW

Hi Igor1,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with your carphone warehouse upgrade. So we can look into this for you, are you able to give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll look into this as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Igor1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I called Customer services explaining what is going on but i think they dont know what i was talking about. They were talking about upgrading to Sim only or contract. I told them everything what is on carphone warehouse site and agent said they dont offer this, so i said it is CPW offer but it might be this case. When I fill form on CpW site it trying to confirm status and "age" of simcard and because it doesnt get it, rejecting query. I told agent my friend upgraded phone same way but on o2 without problem, so why virgin is not like this ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Igor1 Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you didn't make much progress on this. Are you able to call carphone warehouse to see if they're aware of this?

I'm sorry that I couldn't help further with this. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
hgthompson
Just joined
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm also in exactly the same boat :-(

According to Carephone warehouse you are entitled to a Virgin PAYG upgrade as long as...

1) You have had an active PAYG SIM for at least 6 months

2) Not had an upgrade in the last 6 months

3) Made a chargable event in the last 90 days

All of the above I qualify for.... but.... computer say's no! CPW say that Virgin control this, but Virgin just aren't interested. I suspect they actually only want to offer these upgrades depending on how much you spend rather than the criteria stated on the CPW website!

Anyone know of a way to get the CPW systems to regognise I am eligible please? Thanks!

0 Kudos