Menu
scottj27
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to send text attachments

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace SM-G357FZ and I am unable to send or receive text message attachments. When I send a message with an attachment it just keeps cycling until I stop the process. Received messages say download attachment, after a while it stops downloading but I can find no document or picture.

I have updated the MMS settings from the Virgin website and reset my mobile phone but this has had no effect.

Help!!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to send text attachments

Hi scottj27,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're unable to send attachments with your Samsung Galaxy Ace SM-G357FZ.

I need to know a little more about this problem. Could you please answer the following questions:-

Do you know the size of the attachment?

Do you have mobile data switched on when you're trying to send these?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
scottj27
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Rich,

I have resolved the problem after finding a solution on another forum from someone with the same problem.

First I backed up the phone data using Smart Switch. I then carried out a factory reset on my phone and restored the data. Attachments and photos are now working.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good news it  is resolved, check the bill as sometimes attachment to an SMS change it to an MMS and its 43p a pop iirc Smiley Happy

0 Kudos