Menu
mebby
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unable to get any coherent responses from Virgin

I always have very poor or no coverage with my mobile when I go abroad. Before I left this time I ordered a travel pass and checked once again that my phone would work abroad. As usual when I arrived at my destination I had no coverage and no signal whereas my husband who is with Vodaphone had full coverage and signal as usual. I used his phone to ring virgin mobile and eventually they managed to get my phone working in Spain. I travelled on to Italy and the phone worked fine. I then travelled to France and again received no coverage. I used my husnands phone to ring Virgin Mobile once again and they tried to get me connected for a couple of hours but to no avail. I then spoke to another person in Virgin Mobile who told me that the Virgin mobile data was having problems so this was why I had no coverage! It would have been helpful if someone could have told me this to start with as I wasted two hours trying to sort the problem out and paying a lot for international calls using my husband's phone. When I arrived back in the UK I found out that although I had ordered a travel pass before I left it had not been applied to my account so all my monthly data had been used up and I was now incurring extra costs! I have tried to sort this out with Virgin Mobile but they seem to unable to help and although I have asked to speak to a manager I have been tols that someone will call me back - they haven't done so. It is very frustrating trying to deal with Virgin mobile as all the staff are foreign and difficult to understand. They also give out a lot of inaccurate information. I now have no confidence in my phone abroad becayuse it always lets me down and I am left with poor coverage.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to get any coherent responses from Virgin

The issues with roaming was down to EE, Virgin does have a few 000's of. U.K. Based staff. Sadly roaming is not as simple as it should be. I you did not have a valid pass for roaming date, then you should have had no service no pass no service, pass then service till its expired. If Virgin have used your normal data they are wrong and need do reimburse you for the costs and data, sadly 789 is the "quick" method, web chat if there not busy and writing in if you've got a few weeks to wait - if they ever reply that is.

Sorry it almost all bad news, with determination you can get it sorted.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: unable to speak to a manager at virgin mobile

The issue with data seems to have happened a few times. If you don't have a valid data pass you should not have access to data when roaming as the pass is what activates this, so the theory is no active pass no internet, active pass internet works this that's expired. Never should normal contract data be used when overseas. You'll need to keep on to them or it won't get resolved.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Its unfortunate that your and others phone have had issues roaming, most poeple includung all my family have never had an issue that a manual network selection has not resolved.

However I do understand the frustration that it involves when you have done all the correct moves before you left (no sympathy for those that  just went and hoped, the least folks can do is look on the website a week before they go) Call 789 your UK data should not ever work roaming and get a refund, of any costs and the data before you start to run up the two pounds a day cost for overusing data

0 Kudos

All Replies
mebby
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

unable to speak to a manager at virgin mobile

I have telephoned five times to virgin mobile this morning to try to resolve as issue where i purchased an eu travel pass which was not applied to my account and my uk data was all used up instead so in effect i am paying twice! I have now been holding  on the phone for 25 minutes to speak to a manager. This is completely unacceptable and so frustrating. I have been with virgin media for many years but the service is frankly absolutely dreadful. Customers are treated very badly indeed.

0 Kudos
mebby
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why do Virgin mobile make it so difficult for customers to get help

I have spent all morning trying to get an issue with an eu travel pass resolved. It is very difficult to get to talk to anyone and then they tell you they are putting you through to a manager but they never do! You just end up holding for half an hour. What is the reason for this please?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do Virgin mobile make it so difficult for customers to get help

Number of staff on shift, quantity of calls, quality of training, "...

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: unable to speak to a manager at virgin mobile

The issue with data seems to have happened a few times. If you don't have a valid data pass you should not have access to data when roaming as the pass is what activates this, so the theory is no active pass no internet, active pass internet works this that's expired. Never should normal contract data be used when overseas. You'll need to keep on to them or it won't get resolved.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The issues with roaming was down to EE, Virgin does have a few 000's of. U.K. Based staff. Sadly roaming is not as simple as it should be. I you did not have a valid pass for roaming date, then you should have had no service no pass no service, pass then service till its expired. If Virgin have used your normal data they are wrong and need do reimburse you for the costs and data, sadly 789 is the "quick" method, web chat if there not busy and writing in if you've got a few weeks to wait - if they ever reply that is.

Sorry it almost all bad news, with determination you can get it sorted.

0 Kudos
mebby
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin have now admitted that it does look like my UK data has been used for my internet coverage abroad and say that they are looking into it! I have been given an extra 1024 mb for this month while they are looking into it. This was the first time that I have been able to use my phone abroad as since 2014 every time I go away my phone stops working despite assurances that it is set up for roaming abroad. However although I have been able to use the phone my UK data has been used up for the month instead of using the travel pass I purchased. Virgin mobile seem to be in a mess at the moment.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Its unfortunate that your and others phone have had issues roaming, most poeple includung all my family have never had an issue that a manual network selection has not resolved.

However I do understand the frustration that it involves when you have done all the correct moves before you left (no sympathy for those that  just went and hoped, the least folks can do is look on the website a week before they go) Call 789 your UK data should not ever work roaming and get a refund, of any costs and the data before you start to run up the two pounds a day cost for overusing data

0 Kudos