Menu
markiebbc
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Swapping over the tariffs of two different virgin numbers.

Hi,

I wanted to transfer my original virgin mobile number that was 'pay as you go' to a monthly contract. Unfortunately I had to get a new SIM card with the contract, so I now have a new number on contract, and one on 'pay as you go'. I wanted to find the best way to swap them, as all the copies of my resume have the 'pay as you go' number on it, which I want to change to contract.

It sounds complicated to do, so if anybody's got any ideas about the best way to go about it. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Swapping over the tariffs of two different virgin numbers.

Hi markiebbc,

it's a bit of a pain but unfortunately it's not possible to move a mobile number within the network Therefore the only way is to:

1. Call 789 & request a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) for your PAYG number.

2. Port your number out to another network (cheapest(free)/easiest available SIM from any other network).

3. Once established on a new network. Request a PAC from your new provider then port your number back to Virgin on to your Pay Monthly SIM..

I know if you choose to port to Three Mobile you can do everything (PAC) online with them.

You might even get away without topping up. If you have to, they start from as little as £2.

Let us know how this goes for you Smiley Happy 

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
CQ20
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Swapping over the tariffs of two different virgin numbers.

I upgraded my PAYG "contract" (it had previously been a paid monthly) to the new 4G pay monthly offer in a Virgin shop.  They set up the new contract there and then so that the old SIM had access to the minutes and data available on the new contract.  They then issued me with a new SIM which was not activated.  After a while, the old SIM was deactivated and the new one activated with my original number. 

0 Kudos