Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (54 Views)

Sony Xperia M4 Aqua

My Sony Xperia keeps showing 'No Sim Card'. This can be resolved by a restart which cures it for several days then reduces to several hours. A factory reset will cure it for a few months.

It has been back for repair twice now but the conditions of return is that you do a factory reset to remove all your personal information. So yes, you've guessed it, Virgin can't find a fault and send it back. I have requested a replacement but I can't have one 'under the terms of my contract'.

A factory reset involves re-installing all my apps and re-entering wifi passwords etc.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4 (36 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by peterp4848
Wednesday

Re: Sony Xperia M4 Aqua

Sounds like a similar problem to my partner's M4 Aqua, which Virgin declared as unrepairable...

I made a post here yesterday trying to draw VM's attention to the matter which they have ignored for 13 days now, but the post (entitled "Sun-standard replacement"), but someone seems to have deleted that post.

I hope you have better luck than we do, perhaps we'll meet on the forums of BT or EE or whatever in the future, cos Virgin have some crawling to do to keep our custom...

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4 (34 Views)

Hi peterp4848,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an on-going problem with your Sony Xperia M4 Aqua after it's been repaired twice. Has this been investigated further for you since your post?

If you are still having problems with this, please get in touch direct with our Mobile Team on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) so that this can be escalate to our Mobile Technical Support Team.

Please let us know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4 (24 Views)

You asked me to let you know how I got on with Technical Support. Well I didn't get through. I was transferred four times in Billing department, eventually had to answer a security question, then put on hold, then I was transferred back to where I started with your answering machine. I don't have time for this.

If you want to keep me as a customer ask the person I need to talk to to phone me.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4 (37 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by peterp4848
Wednesday

Sounds like a similar problem to my partner's M4 Aqua, which Virgin declared as unrepairable...

I made a post here yesterday trying to draw VM's attention to the matter which they have ignored for 13 days now, but the post (entitled "Sun-standard replacement"), but someone seems to have deleted that post.

I hope you have better luck than we do, perhaps we'll meet on the forums of BT or EE or whatever in the future, cos Virgin have some crawling to do to keep our custom...

0 Kudos