Menu
peterp4848
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Sony Xperia M4 Aqua

My Sony Xperia keeps showing 'No Sim Card'. This can be resolved by a restart which cures it for several days then reduces to several hours. A factory reset will cure it for a few months.

It has been back for repair twice now but the conditions of return is that you do a factory reset to remove all your personal information. So yes, you've guessed it, Virgin can't find a fault and send it back. I have requested a replacement but I can't have one 'under the terms of my contract'.

A factory reset involves re-installing all my apps and re-entering wifi passwords etc.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
GooglyBear
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sony Xperia M4 Aqua

Sounds like a similar problem to my partner's M4 Aqua, which Virgin declared as unrepairable...

I made a post here yesterday trying to draw VM's attention to the matter which they have ignored for 13 days now, but the post (entitled "Sun-standard replacement"), but someone seems to have deleted that post.

I hope you have better luck than we do, perhaps we'll meet on the forums of BT or EE or whatever in the future, cos Virgin have some crawling to do to keep our custom...

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi peterp4848,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an on-going problem with your Sony Xperia M4 Aqua after it's been repaired twice. Has this been investigated further for you since your post?

If you are still having problems with this, please get in touch direct with our Mobile Team on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) so that this can be escalate to our Mobile Technical Support Team.

Please let us know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
peterp4848
Tuning in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

You asked me to let you know how I got on with Technical Support. Well I didn't get through. I was transferred four times in Billing department, eventually had to answer a security question, then put on hold, then I was transferred back to where I started with your answering machine. I don't have time for this.

If you want to keep me as a customer ask the person I need to talk to to phone me.

0 Kudos
GooglyBear
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sounds like a similar problem to my partner's M4 Aqua, which Virgin declared as unrepairable...

I made a post here yesterday trying to draw VM's attention to the matter which they have ignored for 13 days now, but the post (entitled "Sun-standard replacement"), but someone seems to have deleted that post.

I hope you have better luck than we do, perhaps we'll meet on the forums of BT or EE or whatever in the future, cos Virgin have some crawling to do to keep our custom...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi peterp4848 and GooglyBear,

I'm sorry that you have had a problem getting through to our Mobile Technical Support team in order to have your handset issue investigated.

The Forum Team aren't able to arrange call backs. You can go through our online Phone Fix, which is our online troubleshooting tool that'll help you with a huge range of hardware and software problems.

If you can't fix it, it'll help you send it off to our technical team. Just go to: Phone Fix or you can log into your online account here: https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/login then go into Plan and Devices, then you'll see Phone Fix here as well.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
GooglyBear
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

seems to me you didn't read my post...

now 4 days since you promised (for the second time) you'd call back within 48 hours...

0 Kudos
peterp4848
Tuning in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Well that's a pity that you 'aren't able'.

I 'aren't able' to put up with indifferent customer service.

I shall not be renewing my mobile contract this October. Nor my Virgin landline. Nor my Virgin TV package. Nor my Virgin broadband internet.

There doesn't seem any reward for being a loyal customer.

mdwp
Joining in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

There must be so many cracked sony experia m4 phones out there.... l had my first phone replaced by virgin after 12 months, the second phone failed after another 3 months and l was told that l had cracked the body and it would cost £66 to fix it... l said NO... they returned it and l fixed it with the help of the sony helpdesk... it lasted 4 weeks then failed again. The phone will now not even respond to the charger (it is a dead phone). This is the worst most unreliable phone l have ever had, however, l am still under contract but have no working phone unless l give virgin £66.

At the moment l am using an old phone, however, my wife now requires that phone... this is what is called having someone over a barrel.

I am about to resend my phone back to virgin because it will not even respond to the charger ... l am looking forward to hearing what they have to say, if anything other than give me more money.

Any helpful comments would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi mdwp,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that your phone repair within warranty has been rejected by our repair centre due to damage to the handset. 

If you disagree with the conclusion of our repair centre, you do have the option of seeking a second opinion from the manufacturer directly.

You can find Sony's contact details here: http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/contactUs/

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
mdwp
Joining in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

Thanks for the information, however, when your people rejected the repair and returned the phone, l did contact Sony direct. The were very helpful and suggested that l download their analysis and repair software program. This I did... the software repair tool aparently wipes the phone and replaces the software... this l did and hey presto the phone returned to normal operation... for a while. This would appear to dismiss the comment by your technical people that the phone casing is cracked. As l mentioned at the time, the phone was kept in a closed wallet!

After operating for a while, the phone stopped completely and will neither switch on or respond to the charger. At present l am using a borrowed phone, however, because of circumstances here and the requirement for a second phone l decided to contact your technical team again and have received your return packaging.

I am losing faith in Virgin because of the way this has been handled and l will not return the phone if you are simply confirming that l must pay £66 to repair it, this is the impression l got from your reception. 

It would appear that l have two options... either return the phone and pay £66 for an obviously defective phone... or simply buy a new sim free phone and go to another provider terminating my account with Virgin in March next year.

0 Kudos