Menu
katienairn
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SmartCall

I am going to Australia for a few weeks.  Can I use my SmartCall app to call my mother-in-law's landline in UK.  I have Talk Unlimited.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SmartCall

Hi katienairn

Yes :-)
you will just need to be connected to some WiFi to use Smartcall.

Install Smartcall and check all working OK before going.

Enjoy your time away
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.

All Replies
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi katienairn

Yes :-)
you will just need to be connected to some WiFi to use Smartcall.

Install Smartcall and check all working OK before going.

Enjoy your time away
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
katienairn
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi teabag

You star, thanks for that.  Everyone else at home sorted as they all have smartphones and I can get them via wifi but my biggest prob was mum-in-law.  Well she is 90 but brilliant.  I'll let her know.  Thanks so much

kaiphor
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

make absolutely sure it is set up and working BEFORE you leave the UK. If it doesn't work when you get overseas there is absolutely NO way to get it sorted out as it relies totally on getting a 4 digit setup code that can ONLY be sent to your UK mobile number. It wont accept a non-UK number (i.e. when you are overseas)

Don't rely on it working overseas though. I set un before in the UK  and it seemed to work but as soon as I got overseas and put in a local SIM it stopped working and there is no way to get the 4 digit set-up code sent

nor any way to contact Virgin media customer services other than by phoning them (and how do you do that if this app wont work???) or snail mail.

Make sure  you have an alternative phone app set up as a back up - you will most likely need it

0 Kudos