Menu
v_dissapointed
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow mobile data speed - 0.08MBit - joke!

I've been using VM for 2 months recently i've been experiecing really slow mobile data.

After so many checks at my work place area (indoor/outdoor and within 0.5 mile radius)looks like I have 0.08MBit of download speed. (buffering even for facebook comments lol)

So I called 789 and foud out that there's no issues in the area and signal is excellent.

The only thing VM can do, is to report to EE about the problem, but they cannot force them to solve it.

VM customer service say that its up to EE if they would like to check & fix the problem. (Guessing that if EE doesnt get any reports from their clients EE wouldnt make any effort to check it)

So im stuck for another 22 months paying for rubbish service. I can not even transfer the contract to my brother cause im not allowed to change number attached to contract.

Looking at this forum i feel like another member of the club...

Be AWARE people DO NOT SIGN to the network which has very little control of their equimpment!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow mobile data speed - 0.08MBit - joke!

Hi v_dissapointed,

Welcome to the forumSmiley Happy and thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing slow 3G  mobile data on your mobile. Appreciate this can be frustrating.

I'd just like clarify a few things around the mobile network for you as I didn't want you to feel we couldn't do anything for you.

Our mobile network is provided by EE. To raise a fault we need examples to give as evidence to help with the investigation. This is why its not always straight forward to identify an issue and get it raised. Most technical departments raise faults in a similar way to this. 

By the looks of things we've had a few customers call in over the weekend regarding a slow data connection. I've checked with our mobile team and we have raised this issue for investigation and are currently awaiting an update.

Hope this helps.

Let me know how it goes.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
v_dissapointed
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Received new sim card but no change, still have 0.01Mbit mobile data speed whole day, could you check YO30 4WU post code and sort it out!!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi v_dissapointed,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Sorry the replacement SIM didn't help.

I've checked your area for you as you requested. There are only two masts close to you and travelling North or East there is quite a gap to the next mast. It looks as though there is the potential for congestion on the masts closest to you which maybe why you are seeing these 3G speeds.

Hope this helps.

Speak soon.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
v_dissapointed
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

and that's how you sort the problem?

"there's congestion in area and only two masts around..." so its ok to receive 0,08mbit speed BUT the map of VM coverage shows excellent signal!!! (3G)

please change the map so you can avoid more unhappy clients or at least speak to EE to make the masts work better...

thank you for your effort

0 Kudos