Menu
jogobom
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sim activation with iPhone 6S

Hi. 29 days after receiving my SIM I finally got round to activating it. I texted READY from the old one and got a confirmation text, saying activation could take 24 hours. I restarted that old phone and it said SIM registration failed, so I assumed that meant the activation had gone through. However, the iPhone 6S with the new SIM says "No SIM". Does this mean that SIM is not activated yet? I expect the old one to go off only when the new SIM was ready. Now I have no usable phone for a while. Should I just have more patience and the problem will sort itself out?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim activation with iPhone 6S

Hi jogobom,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear your new SIM card didn't go active quick enough.

It can take up to 24 hours for the new SIM card to go active but I do agree with you, the changeover process should have been a lot smoother so I'm hoping you weren't left without a phone for too long. How are things looking now?

If you continue to have issues then please let me know and I'll happily help further.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
jogobom
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It turned to be due to a faulty sim card. After 24 hours with no success I phoned support and they sent out a new one. I had no phone for a couple of days but it got sorted.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jogobom,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I'm absolutely gutted this happened to you but I'm pleased to hear you got it all sorted in the end. Sorry about being without a phone for a while. That was definitely not our intention.

If you have any further issues then please post again and we'll get to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos