Menu
dazzapf
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

S6 edge 64gb

Why was the s6 edge out of stock on line even before you had opened yesterday? I checked at 7 am before calling at 8 am, as I was told the day before I couldn't pre order it, however, after calling to order at 8 am, I was told it sold out in 20 minutes (by 8:20am) after getting through to an operator. When will more be available? And why is the handset £1038 (interest free) when it is less than £800 to buy?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: S6 edge 64gb

It costs that much because Virgin have a "mark up".

If Virgin didn't make any profit on their goods and services, the business would not be viable, and customer service would suffer... Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
dazzapf
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Mark-up lmao customer service lmao
Akadeyous
Just joined
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

We had spoken to Virgin several times during the week because we have 3 contract phones.  We had upgraded to an iPhone 6 a few days early on one of the contracts that after finishing a 2 year contract and we wanted to upgrade to the s6 edge for the other contract that was due for renewal.  We confirmed on several occasions during the week and Virgin did not do preorders and we had to call on Fri to order the phone.  We even confirmed what time they opened, which was 8am.  We set our alarm clock and were up and ready for 8am, we made the call and were speaking to somebody by 3 minutes past eight.  We were told that the system hadn't updated for the s6 edge and were told to keep an eye on the website because it shows up to the minute stock.  We were told that once it showed as in stock to ring back.  It never changed and we called back anyway and were told to try again in a few days.  The problem is that nobody we spoke to, and we spoke to several people, knows what the hell is going on.  Was there stock or not?  Some people have been told the s6 edge sold out in 20mins but we got through just after 8am and still no stock.

we did everything correct and as we were told to do and still we didn't get what we wanted.....I think the whole thing is unacceptable and nobody knows what their talking about.  We wasted hours during the week on hold waiting to speak to people so we knew and confirmed when the s6 edge was available and it was all for nothing.  Why tell customers one thing and do the opposite.  We have a massive Virgin package - 2 tivo's downstairs and 2 normal boxes upstairs + broadband + a landline and then 3 contract phones.  We have paid for the media stuff for several years by direct debit and we have had 3 contract phones for two years again paid by direct debit.  All payments made without fail....WHERE IS THE CUSTOMER LOYALTY VIRGIN, YOUR SUPPOSED TO LOOK AFTER CUSTOMERS NOT MESS THEM ABOUT. 

I feel let down by Virgin, all I wanted was to upgrade my phone to the S6 Edge and continue my contract for another 2 years and instead I have no idea what's going on and if I'll get the phone I want.....YOU SHOULD MAKE SURE THE PEOPLE WHO SPEAK TO US KNOW WHATS GOING ON AND ADVICE US THE CUSTOMER CORRECTLY.

0 Kudos
dazzapf
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My original point summed up perfectly thanks for the comment. It showed for 2 weeks as available from 10th April then went out of stock before 8 am online so either they never got any in or sold them early, probably to the 4g business users, as we are just small fry to them only paying £300 a month for top packages and 3 mobile contracts!!! All I wanted was honesty and a date when I could get one.
0 Kudos
leah_no1auntie
Up to speed
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I called up about the s6 and they said it wasn't available either
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Thanks or your posts Smiley Happy

I can understand your frustrations with the Stock.

I'm currently looking into this for you. I'll be back in touch when I have more info.

Thanks for your patience,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
howardmicks
Dialled in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I also quiered this £300 mark up on retail price also and was suggested to me to look elswhere for the phone for cheaper and do a sim only,I did find the phone cheaper and not only that also a contract giving me 10gb of data ironically thru ee 

Check it out at direct mobile.com 

and also it's retail price for handset

0 Kudos
dazzapf
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Any news on this yet? Been 10 days now with no s6 edge available on virgin!!
0 Kudos
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Registered just to reply to this.

Virgin media didnt actully order much if anything.

I get up for work at 6am i checked the site release day so a few hours before yourself and they were already sold out.

Ive known some staff for years so since I was wanting the phone myself I enquired what was going on, and basicly got told virgin only ordered a tiny handful at best by that i mean single digit amounts.

Then decided to call my local store, who said they hadnt even been told if theyll get anything nevermind what models and quantitys.

Ive since been told by the online "emma" whos obviously completly made up name theyve had several more since but have all been sold, at the same time my staff friends have informed me the ompany hasnt had any more since launch.

All in all I dont understand the lies instead of just there all gone were trying our best id appreciate that but lie after lie when I just want the phone,

Dosnt help the phone is cheaper/the same price elsewhere with much more data 4g data at that.

0 Kudos