Menu
spinnersue
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Repair Centre

I sent my Galaxy A3 off for repair for the second time in 5 months due to screen constantly flickering. Last time they phoned me to discuss problem and suggested it was due to using old memory card so I bought new one and formatted it etc and it seems to have been ok but last week started doing the very same thing, really bad flickering. I tried resetting etc but nothing worked so I sent it back to repair centre again. I was expecting phone call like last time to discuss but this evening I have just received a text from them saying my phone will be delivered back tomorrow. I had requested new handset but don't know if I am entitled to this or just a repair but either way I thought they would phone to discuss.Phone is only 6mths old and under warranty. My question is do they return phones if they are unable to repair or can I safely assume I will be getting either new handset or my old one repaired does anybody know please? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repair Centre

Hi Spinnersue,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you've had some issues with the Samsung handset. I'll be happy to clear this up for you.

Under the warranty of the phone, this doesn't include getting a new phone. We would only issue an as new handset if the phone is beyond repair but within warranty. The phone should be returned to you repaired Smiley Happy We would usually call in any other circumstances.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repair Centre

"Under the warranty of the phone, this doesn't include getting a new phone. We would only issue an as new handset if the phone is beyond repair but within warranty."

Mat, you might want to read up on your consumer law. The line you just trotted out for the OP won't hold water for much longer. For purchases made after 1st October, the buyer can demand a replacement or a full refund if a device fails within six months of purchase. The refund can be for both the handset and the line rental contract. These are statutory rights - your terms and conditions cannot override them.
0 Kudos