Menu
Davyk09
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can i stop previously sent texts latching on to texts i send in the present, cheers!

Hi mat,
Thats not a problem, il do it right away, will it be ok to leave it on the sd card,

Thanks once again,

Davy.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can i stop previously sent texts latching on to texts i send in the present, cheers!

Thanks for coming back to me Davy Smiley Happy

Ideally, we'd like the contact removed from all aspects to see if this fixes the issue.

Are you able to write the number down so you don't lose it so you can then add it in?

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
chez1947
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

That happens to me, 5 times the recipient got the same text from me nearly caused an argument. Can you help me too Matt Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi chez1947,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue with multiple text's.

The latest advice from Mat_H was to remove the offending contact from the handset and then add it back in to your contacts. If you are experiencing the same issue I would suggest trying this first and let us know how you get on.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Davyk09
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi mat,
Sorry for taking so long to reply, its been a busy week. I can certainly try your suggestion of removing the contact from my phone and sd card, but wonder how it can help as it is only with this contact i have the issue.
I can certainly sympathise with chez, it caused numerous arguments between my friend and I when this first started, luckily they understand now and we have had a few good laughs at times,

Once again i thank you for your help, cheers !

Davy .
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Davy Smiley Happy

I just want to make sure the contact in the phone isn't corrupt in any way or has a strange setting enabled.

Let me know how you get on with it all Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davy,

Any updates for me on this?

I'm here if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Davyk09
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello again mat,
I did what you asked over the weekend and no mixed texts, only problem is my buddy got a new handset, do you think the problem may have been at their end. I'll give it a while longer and see if the problem returns and let you know,

Thanks again,
Davy .
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davy,

Glad to hear that this has stopped Smiley Happy

We can't be sure exactly where the problem lies. As long as it's fixed, that's the most important thing.

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Davyk09
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi mat,
Not convinced its fixed just yet, but will let you know if the prob returns, fingers crossed.
Thanks for all your help, its good to have someone with knowledge to help in things like this,
Keep up the good work,
Much obliged,
All the best,
Davy.
0 Kudos