Menu
Lenxx
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Provisioning Pin?

Hi there.

Setting up new sim on Saturday and all went well - however I did get several messages asking for a pin to provision  / install some Virgin services. (if I could remember what they were I'd list them...)

Following advice on the note that came with the sim I entered the pin number 7890, that was rejected. Also tried the last four digits of my phone number and that was rejected too, even tried the lock pin I'd set for the phone, to no avail.

Anyone else experienced this and is there a magic pin that will work should they appear again?

Len

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Provisioning Pin?

Hi Len

Sorry to learn about the problem you're experiencing at the moment, as we'd need to clear security to re-send the information and get this set-up, I'd need to ask that you give our team a call on 789 from your Virgin handset or 0345 6000 789 from any other.

Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing, we're looking forward to getting it sorted ASAP.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ALreporting
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I also had this problem of a provisioning update and asking for a pin which didn't work. I phoned 789 and choose the technical department. They were no help. I was advised to phone Microsoft even though the message said that the pin should be provided by virgin Media

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi ALreporting,

Thank you for your post, I would like to help with the Pin and certainly get this ball moving for you. would like to ask a couple more bits of information and security before I can hep you more. If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon and welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
adamob
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same problem with my new Moto g4. Please advise.
0 Kudos
Lyon04
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi all

Im struggling with the same issue.

Did anyone come up with a solution?

David

Lenxx wrote:

Hi there.

Setting up new sim on Saturday and all went well - however I did get several messages asking for a pin to provision  / install some Virgin services. (if I could remember what they were I'd list them...)

Following advice on the note that came with the sim I entered the pin number 7890, that was rejected. Also tried the last four digits of my phone number and that was rejected too, even tried the lock pin I'd set for the phone, to no avail.

Anyone else experienced this and is there a magic pin that will work should they appear again?

Len

0 Kudos
adamob
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I ignored the messages and then deleted the update files with no ill effect.
However, I was an existing Virgin Media customer, so I think my phone had the right settings anyway. I don't know about new users.
VM support have been useless - maybe worse than useless they kept telling me I needed to use my personal phone pin!
The optimist in me thinks that this can't be a real problem or they would have solved it already. Am I naive?
Adam
0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Talking about PINs isn't the sim supposed to be unlocked once you connect to services?

Everytime I start my phone up, it asks for the PIN saying the sim is locked, very annoying as it can take a while for it to reconnect to the network.

Majide!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey adamob and @Lyon04

This sounds like you have received a configuration message to set up the internet and picture messages on the device. The pin the configuration message requires is the last 4 digits of the mobile telephone number it has been sent to. 

I hope this helps, 

Take care,

Kelly

0 Kudos
Lyon04
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kelly 

Having read the forums, i had tried this already, but without success.   Do you have any other suggestions?

It just replies 

"The PIN could not be authenticated.  Please try again"

David

0 Kudos