Menu
windakleena
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Problem with voicemail and redirected calls

Hi,

I have an Experia L

I have a problem with voicemail when I go away to places where there is no mobile connection.

I redirect my Virgin landline calls to my mobile so I can stay in touch with my business while I'm away.  Normally this is fine - calls to my landline are diverted successfully to my mobile as long as there is mobile coverage where I am.  If I miss the call it goes to voicemail so my caller can leave a message.

This breaks down if there is no mobile coverage - a caller rings my home (landline) number, the call is diverted to my mobile and then because the call cannot connect the caller gets a message: "The mobile number you have dialled is switched off".  It doesn't go to voicemail.

I've tried talking to the help people at Virgin - it's a "Catch 22" situation.  They can only investigate the problem if I notify them when it happens.  It only happens when I have no mobile coverage so I can't notify them!!!

Hopefully someone can help me?  Please??

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Problem with voicemail and redirected calls

So divert on no answer works OK. On the numeric keypad put in *#61# and dial. After a few seconds this should return a message and number. The number is the real number of your voice mailbox that calls are diverted to when you don't answer.

Note down the number including the leading "+".

Now try *#62# and dial. This is for divert on number unreachable. It is likely switched off.

To activate divert on unreachable do *62*[vmnumber]# and dial. Where [vmnumber] is the number you noted above including the leading "+".

You will have to have a signal when you do this as these options are stored on the network.

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Perhaps I should have mentioned to leave out the square brackets. So to activate divert on unreachable do *62*[vmnumber]# and dial. Where vmnumber is the number you noted above including the leading "+".

To simulate your phone being unreachable simply switch it off. Dial your mobile from some other phone and it should divert to voicemail.

All Replies
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

So divert on no answer works OK. On the numeric keypad put in *#61# and dial. After a few seconds this should return a message and number. The number is the real number of your voice mailbox that calls are diverted to when you don't answer.

Note down the number including the leading "+".

Now try *#62# and dial. This is for divert on number unreachable. It is likely switched off.

To activate divert on unreachable do *62*[vmnumber]# and dial. Where [vmnumber] is the number you noted above including the leading "+".

You will have to have a signal when you do this as these options are stored on the network.

0 Kudos
windakleena
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Enceladus 1 - I followed your instructions exactly.  The message displayed was the number with a + before it as you said.

When I went through the 'activation' sequence I got exactly the same message again.  No other reaction.

Is this right or have I perhaps de-activated something?

0 Kudos
windakleena
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ignore above, got sequence mixed up! 

*#61# - Got number

*#62# - exactly same message as above

*62* [vm number]#  voice message: "Calls to this number are not being connected, if you have dialled correctly it means the number is not available from this network"

Checked voicemail, still working OK

I guess I won't know if the problem is solved till I go somewhere where there's no connection and someone tries to contact me via my landline, diverted to my mobile!

Thanks for your help.

Ian

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Perhaps I should have mentioned to leave out the square brackets. So to activate divert on unreachable do *62*[vmnumber]# and dial. Where vmnumber is the number you noted above including the leading "+".

To simulate your phone being unreachable simply switch it off. Dial your mobile from some other phone and it should divert to voicemail.

windakleena
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah, silly me!!  Comes of being over 70.  All this stuff is alien to most of my age group Smiley Embarassed

Tried again without the brackets, all working now.  Many thanks!!

0 Kudos