Menu
Markthejones
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Poor Mobile Awful Signal

Hi, I got a Virgin Mobile contract so that I could get an iPhone 6s as it appeared to be the best deal. I left EE who I have been with for 15 years but was assured that I was making the right choice. I was mid-sold the tariff in the first place and assured that it was 4G only to discover later that it is only 3G and further to that it is horrific coverage and very poor connectivity. Most of the time I use my phone at home on the Virgin Media super fast 152mg broadband which is brilliant and means I can use the phone properly but every time I step outside I am transported back to the 1990's and can barely get enough signal to send a text or whatsapp let alone use the map function or connected apps or browse the web. This problem has got worse and worse and worse so that my extremely expensive phone is basically only functional as an expensive clock when outside my own home. I am seriously fed up with this. I have tested the coverage for Virgin Mobile in my area and it says it is fine but only 3G, I have tested the phone with apple and they report no faults so say it's a provider issue. Is there anything I can do? Anything that will increase my coverage or release me from my mis-sold contract that I am stuck in now for the best part of another 18 months? Any advice gratefully received!! Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful Signal

Hi Markthejones,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you're having issues with the signal in your area. So we can do this, are you able to let me know your full postcode?

This will allow me to run some checks so I can get to the bottom of it for you. Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Markthejones
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat, thanks for your quick response on this, it's very much appreciated. My postcode is NN3 3DH
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well that postcode is coming back with reasonable 2G and 3G signal. No known network problems at the moment. (Used the EE checker) Remember these are cpmputer predictions and what you get is down to local variables.

And yes, there is no 4G on Virgin

0 Kudos
Markthejones
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

2G? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Also, I appreciate the signal is a prediction but 3G is joke in comparison to most other networks 4G. When I am not in my house I cannot make a phone call or send a text message because my signal is so bad. I would not have signed my life away for 2 years knowing that Virgin Mobile cannot actually provide the service they say they can. This is completely unacceptable not to mention deceptive sales tactics for the person who convinced me to go for it to and eluded to the fact it was a 4G service. I want to be released from my contract based on these two issues please.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Markthejones,

Thanks for your replies.

I'm afraid I'm unable to deal with contractual issues via the forums. If you believe this is a cause to be released from the contract, you will need to give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789. I'll be more than happy to help with any technical issues you may be having. Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos