Menu
bethrose87
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone stolen. Need to cancel SIM.. no phone to ring from!

Hello, 

I need to cancel my SIM card as soon as possible as I have had my phone stolen. I have no landline to call from and no other way to contact Virgin Mobile. Is there an email address that I have over looked? Any help would be very much appriciated!

Beth

0 Kudos
leah_no1auntie
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone stolen. Need to cancel SIM.. no phone to ring from!

[MOD EDIT: Removed email address]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. To send a Private Message (PM) please click the Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot see any alternative but getting to a phone as a matter of urgency even if it means finding a public payphone.

Clearing security under the Data Protection Act is a necessity.

Do it now - there are implications in delaying regarding insurance and billing if the thief is happily phoning all and sundry while the phone has not been reported/stopped.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi bethrose87

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear you're handset has been stolen.

We'd recommend getting in touch with the team as soon as possible if you haven't already so a block can be placed on the account to ensure the handset can't be used and to prevent you from incurring costs if calls are made from the device.

The quickest way for us to do this is if you call us on 0345 600 0789 from any other phone, so we'd recommend asking a friend, family member or colleague if they can allow you to make the call. As it's an '03' number, it will only be charged at local rates and come out of any 'free minutes' they may have.

We can also arrange for a replacement SIM to be sent out to you to use in another handset.

If you're not covered under an insurance policy with your handset (always worth checking if your covered under your home contents policy or with your bank) you will be able to use your current account and number with any of the Pay As You Go handsets on our website starting at just £17.99:

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/pay-as-you-go-phones.html

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos