Menu
simonrlees
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Online mobile phone order appears to have failed

Just placed an order for a mobile and tablet online, have tried to sign into service but log-in details not recognised, and no credit agreement details received. Site now responding with 'Oooops, something seems to have gone wrong...'

This is exactly what happened with my wife's order which was a nightmare!

Not sure if I can be bothered to chase!

Any advice?

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Online mobile phone order appears to have failed

Hi simonrlees,

perhaps you could call the Virgin Mobile sales team on Freephone 0800 052 0238.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
simonrlees
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,

Have now tried the number 4x and each time they have dropped the call in the process of getting through to sales. 

Clearly don't want the business, I'll find another provider.

Cheers,

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi simonrlees,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received confirmation of your order. Please get in touch with us direct on 0800 064 3847 so that we can look into this for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
nell2528
Just joined
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This happened to me yesterday as well. Tried again today to sign credit agreement appears its a fault with vidgin media. Said they would set up again unfortunately due to poor customer service will  not do it without my husband being in the same room. By the way, we went through this yesterday with him giving me permission to speak to vm re account and asked for it to be written in notes re call. The credit check was completed yesterday but today they need everything again. Not happy at all. Have cancelled new phone and will get that and all other services from someone else. Not that customer services seemed bothered, offered no help whatsoever.

Truro
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

At least I do not feel alone in the apparent poor support from Virgin..I placed an order for phones yesterday, agreed current phones could still be used...One phone cut off... After several attempts on their phone system to resolve..lets not discuss that... I asked them to check on status of orders and ring me back...no reply.. I rand this morning armed with my order and id numbers... Then they keep telling me  I did not sign the agreement for one of the phones..my answer send someone to my house and they can review the acknowledgement... over 24 hours later and god knows how many attempts to sort..still not sorted.. just had many conversations with no conclusion yet even signed a new agreement.. So Virgin media need to set some sort of contact..direct..for resolving issues... We will see what happens in the next couple of hours..and then off to other providers for everything I have virgin...

0 Kudos
simonrlees
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In fairness, should say that the credit agreements did appear yesterday, and if Yodel are to be believed the phones have been delivered today. That said, the level of customer service I have received (when trying to give this company my business!!) has been nothing short of abysmal. They themselves do not seem to understand their own systems and processes, and the Virgin Store store I tried to get to help me effectively told me it was my fault for having tried to buy the phone online instead of from them, and anyway, it was 'a separate department'!

I had thought Vodafone's service was dreadful, but it looks world class by comparison to this.

0 Kudos
Pitcher
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My wife stayed in all day as had email saying phone would be delivered.  The tracking number provided for delivery did not exist.  She contacted the delivery company who had no trace of a parcel for our address.  Needless to say it arrived on a different day but with no indication on the parcel who it was from.  Had there been would have refused delivery as cancelled the order by then.  Or tried to.

0 Kudos