Menu
prasad123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Number Porting Issues

I have requested for Mobile Number porting 7 days ago and submitted my pac code to port my old number from 3. I was initially told that it will take 24 - 48 hours. It's now  nearly a week.

The customer service basically washed hands by saying its EE not and not our problem as Virgin uses EE's network! They now said wait another 5 Days.

It's been a week I am out of service.  just don't know where to go from here. Maybe I'll just wait another 5 days ...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number Porting Issues

Hi Prasad123,

Thanks for coming in and posting your message, I hope you've been able to have a good look around.

I can see that you have been in touch today and would like to ask if you can keep in touch with us on how this goes as there is usually a 5 working days wait for this to be ammended.

Please stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Flyer85
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not wishing to spread bad vibes here, but I've been waiting one calendar month now and still my number port is not completed. I suggest you quickly get used to your not-so-temporary number!
0 Kudos
prasad123
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My porting issue still exist even after 5  days.  I was promised by their senior manager to provide an update on the issue but no one bothered to call me.

They took my pac code given by Three 15 days back and what is really frustrating is both my SIMS active (Three) and Temporary (virgin) are stopped working because they found a problem in the middle of porting process -  I am literally out of service last 7 business days.

I am already feeling like I made a mistake in switching my 10year old contract from 3 L

0 Kudos
prasad123
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My porting issue still exist even after 5  days.  I was promised by their senior manager to provide an update on the issue but no one bothered to call me.

They took my pac code given by Three 15 days back and what is really frustrating is both my SIMS active (Three) and Temporary (virgin) are stopped working because they found a problem in the middle of porting process -  I am literally out of service last 7 business days.

I am already feeling like I made a mistake in switching my 10year old contract from 3 L

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
uncleJoe2010
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am also having problems porting my old Tesco Mobile number to my new Virgin phone.

My initial request was 1st Aug but was told that EE was having problems and it could take up to 2 weeks, so I decided to leave it until I returned from my holiday. 

I called on Monday 22nd Aug and was told it would take up to 24hrs. On Tues 23rd I got a txt to say it was complete and I was 'good to go!' - but I still had my temp number. I called CS, who said the txt meant I was definitely 'good to go!' from midnight that night. It's now Wed 23rd and I STILL have my temp number, and my old number hasn't worked since Monday so no one can contact me on it.

I've called CS again today. They say everything has worked their end and suggested powering off and taking the sim card out - tried it, didn't work.

Can see lots of people having the same problem and longer waits. Really frustrated and regretting switching to Virgin.

0 Kudos
prasad123
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Finally, My number is ported successfully. Apparently, EE had problem porting numbers which impacted Virgin customers. I have requested for a written explanation before closing my complaint.

0 Kudos