Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (42 Views)

Number Not Porting!

I've been with Virgin Mobile for just over a week, and they still haven't ported my number over. What's worse is that they keep telling me that it has definitely ported, then blaming my phone, making me change the settings repeatedly, which isn't working, then after everything fails, saying 'there's a problem with ee porting numbers, wait a couple of days and everything will be fine'. I now no longer trust them and want to leave to go back to my old provider. I'm just concerned that I will lose my number in the process, which I've managed to keep for almost 20 years. This is not the level of service that I would expect from Virgin, who have been consistently excellent in the past for the other services I have used. This experience has been awful, and I don't know what to do to rectify it. I was even told that I would have to pay the full months amount if i chose to leave the contract after 2 weeks! The only reason I want to leave is because they haven't been capable of providing the service I need. Virgin, if you're moderating this, please help.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4 (22 Views)

Re: Number Not Porting!

Hi LauraKemp,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your service since your number port. Has this been resolved for you since you post? Apologies for the delay in responding to your post.

If you are still having an issue with this, please send a private message to me so that I can look into this further for you.

Please provide the following details:

• Full name
  • Mobile number

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4 (18 Views)

Hi Terri

Yes, it all appears to be resolved now. I'm obviously still unhappy that it took so long and that I received so much mixed information tho. As I said before, this isn't the standard of service I've come to expect from Virgin over the years. Your staff at the call centre were very polite and friendly, which helped a lot, but it just seemed as though they were trying a variety of things without knowing what the issue was. It all just seemed confusing and disjointed for everyone. At least I have my number now, so thank you for resolving it.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4 (15 Views)

Hi LauraKemp,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. For a number port fault, we are required to complete specific diagnostics before the issue can be escalated. 

I'm sorry that this delayed getting your issue fixed. 

If you would like to log your complaint, please send me a private message with the following details:

• Full name
  • Mobile number

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos