Menu
Joining in
Message 11 of 88 (2,001 Views)

Re: No service abroad

Hi,

I've got exactly the same problem. It used to work fine but has now stopped. I've not changed any settings and have checked that as far as I am aware everything is set up as it should be. Can't register to a foreign network.

Can anyone please help!

Sarah

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 12 of 88 (1,988 Views)

Hi SarahFollmann

Thanks for taking the time to join our community and apologies for the difficulties using your phone abroad. Where are you at the moment and is your phone able to search for networks currently? I've sent you a private message so I can take a closer look at your account and get this sorted for you.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 13 of 88 (1,791 Views)

Hello.

I am in Italy and I have the same problem the other users experience: whatever I do doesn't get me online.

I am not on holiday and I really really need a phone with data.

Please help.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 14 of 88 (1,757 Views)

Hi I am in France and I can call but I do not have any data? I have restarted and went through all possible settings of my phone and still nothing...Any advise or shall I think that you are able to  respect your contract obligations? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 15 of 88 (1,724 Views)

Hi mhong,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with your roaming service. Has this been sorted out for you since your post?

If you are still having a problem with this, please let me know and I'll look into this for you. I'll need to take more information from you, so I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 16 of 88 (1,682 Views)

I too am suffering at the hands of this useless supplier called Virgin Media.

Ealier this year when in Spain I too got the dreaded No Service. On returning to the UK I contacted Virgin who promised they'd fixed it and everything would be OK next time I was away.

Well, now I'm back in Spain and surprise, surprise my mobile doesn't work !

I also have the full TV and internet package from Virgin and believe me, the first thing I'm going to do is to investigate ditching the whole lot.

Words (apart from swear words) fail me.

Joining in
Message 17 of 88 (1,602 Views)

Hi,

Just doing a bit of research as we went to Italy last year for a family wedding and we had no phones all week which was incredibly infuriating, especially as it wasn't a package holiday and we needed taxis etc. I'm going to Greece in June for another wedding and want to know for definite that my phone WILL work, what do I need to do?

My Mum is currently on the phone complaining to one of your customer service reps (or trying to, they even make that a long winded rigmarole, hanging up on her twice) as she went to Tenerife last week after being assured that her and my Dad would be OK to travel whilst using their phones, and funnily enough, weren't.

We spend £200 a month on Virgin Media, we have done since it first came out, a digital box in each room and three phones and I have to say the customer service on the phone is absolutely shocking! We've been treat awfully by your customer service reps. Hence why I've signed up to this forum. Seen a few posts on here saying they're contemplating scrapping Virgin and I don't want to do that but it's becoming more and more stressful for something which isn't exactly hard to get right.

Beginning to think I should've stayed with o2.

Kind regards,

A 'Miffed' customer.

On our wavelength
Message 18 of 88 (1,512 Views)

I too am having issues abroad with mobile data.

I bought a travel pass last month and on 2 day trips to France it didn't work. I contacted Virgin and was told the problem was fixed, however I am now in Italy and it still doesn't work. I can call & text, I just can't get internet via data. Everything is switched on that needs to be and I've tried re-starting etc. I can't contact Virgin directly, web chat is always busy and on calling 789 the automated service said it wasn't possible to connect to the service I needed..! I've also posted twice on here and not had a reply.

Can someone please help with this..?
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 19 of 88 (1,476 Views)

Virgin should be obliged by the Telephone complaints Omnibusman to state that their service DOES NOT WORK ABROAD!

I am stuck in Spain without a connection and tried every phone technical man in Marbella to try and get my phone working. I paid for 250mg roaming package  only to find my phone does not work here! I  see so many complaints from other Virgin clients with same issue on here - and wish i had seen these before i signed with Virgin! I will also be cancelling Virgin on my return, as i have had nothing but problems with them from day1!

It even took them 80 days to get my landline connected when i signed up with Virgin! Totally crap company, who hide from their customers  when there are problems.

Forum Team
Message 20 of 88 (1,391 Views)

Hi Goldencelt,

I'm sorry to hear that your roaming service isn't working while abroad in Spain and that it took 80 days for your landline to be installed. Has this issue been resolved since your post?

Our service does work abroad, as not all customers experience problems using their roaming service. 

Please have a look at the following links, which provide more information about roaming:

If you are still having an issue with this, please send a private message to me so that I can look into this further for you.  Please be aware that if you are outside of the UK and we need to refresh your roaming settings on the network, we cannot guarantee the service will be available.

Please PM me with the following details:

• Full name
  • Mobile number

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos