Menu
smurfsurf
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No longer recieving any emails on my Blackberry mobile phone

Hi everyone.

I have been a virgin media customer for about 8 or so years now. In the last 3+ years now I have been using the blackbarry to recieve emails, but for about 1-2 weeks it no longer works.

The GPRS changed to gprs (from capital to lower case) which is the reason I think. I have not done anything in the options menu or anything like that.

About 1-2 years ago (I am not so good with dates Smiley Happy) I changed my mobile plan from recieving a new mobilephone once every 2 years to just using the one I have since it did everything I needed. I am not sure if this is related to it, but it should not from my understanding.

Anyways, I understand that the post is rather confusing, I apologise, but it is partially due to the fact that I am rather confused myself.

I do not understand why this happened... and frankly I would like to keep recieving emails on my phone.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No longer recieving any emails on my Blackberry mobile phone

Hi smurfsurf,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're unable to receive your email via your BlackBerry® mobile phone.

Have you tried deleting and adding the account again? You can find instructions on how to do this here. All the email settings you need can be found here.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
smurfsurf
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As of yesterday I am again recieving emails, but I have no idea what fixed it.

I personally did nothing that would haev contributed to it.

Maybe some server was down somewhere? I have no idea.

Thanks for the replay btw. if it should stop working in the near future again, I will write in this thread again, but for now it works.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
smurfsurf
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

... yeah once again it's not workign. I have no idea what is going on.

Its something to do with gprs and GPRS, but I don't know how I can make to change ot the one with capital letter. Indeed I am not even sure if its from my end.

A but frustrated I have to say.

Cheers.

P.S at previous post, it has little to do with my email setting. Its because it now says gprs and GPRS. Thats why my email services etc no longer work.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi smurfsurf,

Thanks for keeping me updated. I'm disappointed to hear the emails are still not coming through.

If I'm honest I don't think the change to lower case gprs would make a difference although I could be wrong here.

I'd definitely recommend contacting the team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone. They'll be able to look in to things further for you.

I'd be very keen to hear the outcome so please keep me updated.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos