Menu
Jackie47
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No Mobile Signal at home when are virgin offering WIFI Calling to mobile only customers

I have been a virgin mobile only customer for years. I have recently moved to warwickshire and now have no signal in the house. EE offer a wifi calling service and I was wondering when virgin would be ofering this service to thier mobile only customers
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
swhunt
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Mobile Signal at home when are virgin offering WIFI Calling to mobile only customers

For some time now I have been missing calls and unable to make calls or send text messages from my home base.

I understand we are in a poor signal location. By simply walking down the street, we are able to use phone.

Need a solution please.

Do I need to change network supplier?

0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Mobile Signal at home when are virgin offering WIFI Calling to mobile only customers

Have you tried selecting 2G? try that and you probably will get a signal 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jackie47,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties with signal in your area.

I'd like to take a look at this for you.

I will send you a private message shortly (red envelope, top left hand side) so I can investigate your signal issue.

We do offer a Wifi calling app called smart call which I have linked you to here. You would need to have an active Virgin Media land line to be eligible to use it.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jackie47,

Thanks for the details you provided me with.

I have had a look at your area for you. It look like you are quite close to 3 fully operating masts just north of your location. There is a current fault on another mast which is slightly further away to the south. This may potentially cause some congestion on the 3 masts near you. There is also a large gap heading south to the next mast so you may well experience issues when moving away from your area in that direction.

I would recommend we monitor the situation over the next few days as the mast currently at fault will hopefully be resolved. If the signal issue continues after this period I would recommend calling our mobile team on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789 as we may be able to adjust some settings on your handset.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you need anything

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos