Menu
CL1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nightmare porting in number from Vodafone to Virgin

This is going from bad to worse!

It's a week now since my number was meant to be ported and I can't make or receive calls or texts on either the new Virgin or the original Vodafone number. I have no voicemail and every number I call (even 789!) says 'calls to this number are barred'. 

The level of customer service from Virgin is shockingly inept. Over the last few days, I've spent hours on the phone and just had to call again because, despite promising, nobody bothered getting back to me with an update. Every time I call I am given the same 'we have to speak to the engineers' speech that I've been hearing since last week. Talk about déjà vu.  They are now saying they have no idea what the problem is or how long it will take to resolve.

When I asked how I can go about cancelling the contract with Virgin and porting the number to a different company, I was told that they can't give me a PAC for a number they haven't been able to port properly!

I switched to Virgin Mobile from Vodafone as I have had my broadband, TV and landline with Virgin Media for years and never had an issue that wasn't quickly resolved.  I assumed that the customer service from Virgin Mobile would be just as good  -  how wrong I was!

0 Kudos
CL1
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nightmare porting in number from Vodafone to Virgin

Update:

No resolution and yet another afternoon has passed with no contact from Virgin Mobile CS to let me know what's happening or when the issue might be resolved.

Is anyone else having problems porting their number from Vodafone?  And do Virgin Mobile have a twitter account?  I can only see one for Virgin Media.

I note that the moderators have posted in various threads several times today, but nobody has attempted to address this matter.  Could someone from Virgin Mobile please advise on the escalation and complaints procedure?  

0 Kudos
CL1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Update:

Well, another day has passed, the issue is STILL not resolved and nobody from Virgin has contacted me to explain what's happening  -  Virgin Mobile's total lack of respect for paying clients beggars belief!!  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi CL1

Not a happy story. Just to make you aware the average response time on here is 48Hrs. Every time  you post in your own thread it bumps you to the back of the queue as oldest posts get answered first. Hold tight, whilst the staff on here cannot deal with account queries directly, they have been good at picking up and championing people who have had issues similair to yours.

Kind Regards.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi CL1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm extremely sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your number ported from Vodafone to us.

I'd like to try and look in to this for you. I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
CL1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for letting me know  -  much appreciated Smiley Happy

Keeping my fingers crossed that someone from the team will be able to help as I was told earlier (after another 45 minutes on the phone!) that the network department will need another five working days to try and resolve the issue!

0 Kudos