Menu
signumboy
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New phone connection woes

Just changed mobile to Samsung S6 quite happy with the device but having a issue with maintaining a connection to VM i sometimes have Virgin showing up on home screen and sometime it doesn't so i never know for sure if im connected  or not VM help just say reboot mobile thats not much good when ive had to restart it 3 times in the last hour luckily ive not missed any calls so far but its so frustrating having to keep checking the connection never once had this problem with my Sony   Anyone else have this issue Ta

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New phone connection woes

Hi signumboy,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear your new Samsung S6 is having signal problems. I'll happily help you out with this.

I've managed to locate your postcode. I see you're currently situated in the middle of a diamond cluster of masts so it doesn't appear to be a signal strength issue. Seeing as you had no issue with the Sony handset I'm going to rule this theory out.

My Samsung Galaxy S5 will show 'No Service' on the top left instead of 'Virgin' if I have no signal. You may also find a circle with a line showing on the top right where the bars are.

Have you ever seen the above?

Have you tried to call or text when Virgin disappears?

Are these able to go through?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
signumboy
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New phone connection woes

Hi  Thanks for your reply  I haven't noticed the circle you refer to and ive not lost my connection just recently but will check next time it occurs, I have tried sending text and it has just sat on the timer thats when i realised i had no network connections , if i try to call someone then it says there is no service . Since i posted this problem it has settled down  and the connections has been fine,just hope its a temporary glitch as its a pain having to keep checking the connection and sure as fate when i don't check ill get caught out, although you say im in a cluster of networks the strength of the receiving signal is very weak and most of the time i have to leave mobile at the windowsill ironically i receive a great signal  in the middle of Loch Ness !!

0 Kudos