Menu
MW35
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

New contract connection fail sometimes

Only been with virgin Mobile a few days, on my second Sim card due to calls not being connected and txts not sent or received, I have a good signal have tried on two handsets but randomly it says connection fail when trying to make calls on both handsets it's a lottery sometimes I can make a call sometimes it takes me several attempts. Seriously considering cancelling this contract it's only a few days old, exactly the same problem with life Mobile that's why I decided to go to virgin, but if it can't be resolved looks like I'll be trying someone else soon.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: New contract connection fail sometimes

Hi MW35,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I deeply apologise for the connection fails errors with your new mobile service. Is this happening in just one location? (I.e. house or work)

The reason I'm asking is because you said you had the same issue with LIFE Mobile. This could mean the signal is being interfered with at that particular location so you may struggle with all providers.

There is a 14 day cooling off period as per our T&C's. I wouldn't want to see you go but I understand how a good signal is vital for you.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Life Mobile runs on EE's network the same as Virgin so it may be a problem with EE's signal in your location.

If you have an unlocked phone try a cheap PAYG SIM from another provider. You are looking at someone who runs on O2, Vodafone or Three.

GifGaf and Tesco are on O2. Three do a nice little 3-2-1 tariff. I'm not sure on Vodafone.

Once you find one that works you can go on contract with them  if you want.

0 Kudos
MW35
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies yes mainly at home, but signal strength shows good, I was with Giffgaff previously which is on 02 and had no problems in two years. I think it must be something to do with EE.

0 Kudos
Bigga
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've had the same problem for 3 months+ and also 4 other phones i know of where i live, long story short, customer service is more than poor and no where nearer to getting anything sorted. I put an app on my phone that logs everything to do with signal etc and it shows where it is dropping out and is a poor signal but also like yourself, the phones only work intermittently.....Good luck with it,

Bigga

0 Kudos
Bigga
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Also, spoke to a fella in an EE shop who told me that although Virgin use EE masts, they work on a different wave length so EE could work where as Virgin won't in the same spot. Don't know how true that is but sounds about right.

Bigga

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Bigga wrote:

Also, spoke to a fella in an EE shop who told me that although Virgin use EE masts, they work on a different wave length so EE could work where as Virgin won't in the same spot. Don't know how true that is but sounds about right.

Bigga

No, they use the same 1800Mhz  and 2100Mhz. The only difference is the bands for 4G to which Virgin do not have access.

There has been some debate about EE calls getting priority, but nothing has ever been proved regarding that issue.

0 Kudos
Bigga
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Enlli,

Will pull the fella up next time i go in the shop.....

Bigga

0 Kudos
MW35
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've cancel the contract now as I don't see the point in paying for a patchy unusable service, like I previously said no problem whatsoever with Giffgaff that piggy banks on 02, perhaps virgin and life Mobile that use EE want to look at going elsewhere, as reading on Google I'm not the only one with big problems with these two providers.

0 Kudos
Bigga
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You've done the right thing there,can't see an end to it anytime soon, i will be changing in the not so distant future, there are some good deals to be had.....

0 Kudos