Menu
JWE
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New 4G sim - no data connection

From reading reports on the forum seems like Virgin has an issue with new 4G service ?

Just (today) fitted my new 4G sim. I have been using a 3g sim on my Samsung S5 for  a couple of years on the Virgin Network with no problems. The new 4G will not connect to the internet.

I have spent most of today on the phone speaking to various people on 4 occasions. On the last attempt at 1700 tonight I was sent a file download but still no luck. Looks like another call tomorrow morning !

Has anyone has any clues as to what I can do?

Thanks

mdbray66
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New 4G sim - no data connection

I have had the same problem with my daughter's phone. I've given up. I'm hoping that at the refresh date it will just click in and work. In the mean time I have told her to go to the Virgin Media store near to her and see if they can come up with any solutions.

.. and hope for some sort of compensation for lack of network data for the last 3 weeks.

Mike

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@JWE

Describe how you activated your 4G sim please.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi JWE

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties with mobile data, I'd like to take a closer look at your account and see if we can offer some assistance. I've sent you a private message which you can view by clicking on the envelope in the top right.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Radiodeadon
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi I've got exactly the same issue. New 4G sim, voice and text working OK but no data connection. Any assistance would be appreciated.