Menu
yorkielady
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My pac code has been assigned to wrong number

Well I'm in a right fix.
After trying to get a £5 rolling monthly sim online, I took your advice and did it over the phone.

Three phone calls later, I gave my pac code so that I could retain my old number. Now the problems start.

I'd finally managed to go online to view my account late this afternoon and discovered that the two PAYG cards the girl asked if she could put in with my monthly sim had actually been credited with £10 each. Why in the world would I want to put money on PAYG, when I've just took a £5 rolling monthly sim. It now turns out that my Pac code has been used with one of the PAYG numbers. After being on the phone to Virgin to try and sort this out, I was transferred to another number and after being on hold for ages, a message came on telling me that the department was now closed. The time was 5.40 pm.

HELP?

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My pac code has been assigned to wrong number

Firstly it is very hard to read that big wall of text, I got as far as 1st part then eyes went fuzzy.

Who is "your" for the advise you got?

0 Kudos
yorkielady
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, I came here to get advice, because I'd been trying for days to get the SIM card on line.

I got as far as the checkout but that was it. I later got as far as giving my bank details, but did not get an acknowledgment email, so when I rang Virgin, everything was done over the phone.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

yorkielady wrote:

I'd finally managed to go online to view my account late this afternoon and discovered that the two PAYG cards the girl asked if she could put in with my monthly sim had actually been credited with £10 each. Why in the world would I want to put money on PAYG, when I've just took a £5 rolling monthly sim.
PAYG SIMS usually require an activation topup (of varying amount.) And last I checked, VM require a £10 activation topup. This would account for the £10 on charge on each that became credit for them.

It now turns out that my Pac code has been used with one of the PAYG numbers.
Quite the blunder. As this topic indicates: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Mobile/Want-to-keep-my-PAYG-number-for-my-new-Pay-monthly-sim/m-... it is possible to move the number currently on a PAYG SIM onto the contract SIM. As to the £10 credit the PAYG number in question has, I'm not sure what the procedure would be (if any) to credit it back to you in some form.

After being on the phone to Virgin to try and sort this out, I was transferred to another number and after being on hold for ages, a message came on telling me that the department was now closed. The time was 5.40 pm.
If that's the working hours (9AM to 5PM maybe?) for that particular department then you'd have to call in earlier tomorrow

HELP?

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
yorkielady
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Thank you. I'll try again tomorrow. 

0 Kudos