Menu
AAML
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My iPhone with Virgin does not work in Italy.

My iPhone with Virgin does not work in Italy.  I can manually select TIM, WIND and Vodaphone which get a blue tick when selected but still "No Service" Virgin say that the service is cleared for use abroad and should be able to use any of the three carriers that the phone recognises.  If the phone is rebooted I get a message saying that my carrier (presumably Virgin) is unavailable.  My wife's iPhone has the same problem so it is not a fault with the phone, I think.

Grateful for any help.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My iPhone with Virgin does not work in Italy.

Hi AAML,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy 

My sincere apologies your experiencing issues with roaming in Italy.

I'd like to try and get this sorted for you.

I would check roaming is active when you log into Your Account .

Click on plan and device > Click the tab manage services.

Make sure roaming is set to on here. If it isn't move the slider to on and click update. This will present you with a green success message. It may take up to 24hrs for this to go live on your account.

If roaming is set to on I would try turning it off, click update and then switch it back on again in 24hrs.

You can also check the call barring option to stop calls abroad isn't set to on.

You could also try the following steps if roaming is on:

Turn your phone off and then back on again

Go into your phone settings and select a network manually.

Try removing your phone’s battery, while it’s still switched on – this helps reboot it and find a local network

If after these steps you are still experiencing difficulties give our mobile team a call on +447953967967 from a roaming handset or land line so we can take a further look into this for you.

Let me know how it goes.

Speak soon.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
AAML
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  Eventually rang 00443456000789 (I couldn't get through on your number) and a very helpful man "reset the system".  Twelve hours later I tried a manual network setting and got a service.  I hope I don't have to do this every time I'm in Italy?

0 Kudos
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have same problem in France for past 3 weeks, I have no service and this forum hasn't been much help as all I'm told is to phone up which isn't much help when the phone isn't working !, why isn't there an online system/chat capability to resolve this !?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi AAML,

Thanks for your reply.

Great to hear this was sorted. Really happy for you. 

As roaming is now active you shouldn't have to set this up each time you go away. It should remain active until you decide to turn it off again.

I'm here if you need to get back to me.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Take care.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos